Shape of things to come,,,hopefully

hk blues
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

Not wanting to add polemic fire but...usual dilemma...is the cure worse than the disease? 

No.

• Like 5

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, hk blues said:

No.

Ask the millions people who lost their jobs, who went into depression or even committed suicide because of prolonged lock-ins or inability to see their loved ones. Their answers might surprise you.

Edited by Gandang Smile

hk blues
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

Ask the millions people who lost their jobs, who went into depression or even committed suicide because of prolonged lock-ins or inability to see their loved ones. Their answers might surprise you.

Without wanting to get too deeply into this, without vaccines many more would have died.  Then, lock-downs would/will continue for longer with no vaccines thus even more suicides and job losses surely?

If you are suggesting the pandemic itself is fake then I can see your argument.  But, it's not. 

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Without wanting to get too deeply into this, without vaccines many more would have died.  Then, lock-downs would/will continue for longer with no vaccines thus even more suicides and job losses surely?

If you are suggesting the pandemic itself is fake then I can see your argument.  But, it's not. 

"Without vaccines many more would have died"...there are countries where vaccinations are lagging, including Taiwan and Japan here in Asia, and some of the Eastern European countries like Poland, Romania, and Hungary. Poland and Romania are donating million of doses to other countries, including Taiwan, because the demand for vaccination is plummeting.

None of these countries have seen unvaccinated people dying by the millions. I read that, in Romania, the number of cases and deaths have stabilised at a relatively low number, similar to that of a seasonal flu.

I am not suggesting that the pandemic is fake. Covid-19, at least the original virus, was a lab-design biological weapon that was "somehow" allowed to leak into the public. If they wanted to use it as a way to quickly remove a good percentage of no-longer-productive elderly (as some tin-foil hatters stated), they have failed miserably.

Where the virus itself failed, government, science and mainstream news outlets have made up for, by creating a situation of complete panic.

I agree with those virologists and medical scientists who said, 2 years ago now, that the best way forward would be to

1) leave the vaccine run its course, so its lethality would be statistically lost as it passes from human to human,

2) let people build natural immunity.

3) once the virus is gone, or almost gone, then create vaccines and promote vaccination as a preventative measure.

These are no revolutionary, or controversial statements: it's literally the way humanity has dealt with every single epidemic or pandemic since its dawn.

Edited by Gandang Smile

graham59
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

Covid-19, at least the original virus, was a lab-design biological weapon that was "somehow" allowed to leak into the public.

Now this is where you need to learn a new English word... 'ALLEGEDLY'. :thumbsup:

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Now this is where you need to learn a new English word... 'ALLEGEDLY'. :thumbsup:

I know what "allegedly" means. I guess you had to look "pangolin" up to understand how it really went :smile: 

By the way, by now even the mainstream press of almost all governments (but China) say that in unison: that the virus was lab-created.

Edited by Gandang Smile

graham59
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

I know what "allegedly" means. I guess you had to look "pangolin" up to understand how it really went :smile: 

By the way, by now even the mainstream press of almost all governments (but China) say that in unison: that the virus was lab-created.

... and you're not Italian. :thumbsup:

• Jollygoodfellow locked and unlocked this topic
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Now back on topic.

NCR stays under MECQ until Sept. 15; pilot granular lockdown deferred

MANILA, Philippines — The government has deferred its decision to pilot granular lockdowns and easing Metro Manila’s status to general community quarantine, keeping the region’s modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) status until September 15, Malacañang said Tuesday.

The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) recalled its earlier pronouncement as the country continued to record a high number of COVID-19 cases the past few days.

“The Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) deferred the pilot implementation of the General Community Quarantine (GCQ) with Alert Levels System in the National Capital Region (NCR),” IATF and presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said in a statement.

“Metro Manila’s current risk classification as Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) shall be maintained until September 15, 2021, or until the pilot GCQ with Alert Level System is implemented, whichever comes first,” he added.

With Metro Manila still under MECQ, Roque said indoor and al-fresco dine-in services and personal care services remain closed in the region, including beauty salons, parlors, and nail spas.

Religious services only held online are allowed.

In terms of necrological services, Roque said only immediate family members are allowed to attend as the deceased died of non-COVID-19 causes, adding they must show satisfactory proof of their relationship with the deceased and comply with minimum public health standards.

Metro Manila was supposed to shift to the more lenient general community quarantine starting Wednesday, September 8, until September 30, 2021.

During this period, the region was supposed to pilot the granular lockdown with a four-level alert system which will determine the businesses activities allowed in a certain area.

READ: MMDA: ‘Alert level’ status to be used in granular lockdowns

Under a granular lockdown, the local government units will only restrict the movement of residents in small areas—either a specific building, street, zone, village, and the like where there are high cases of COVID-19.

Specific rules of the shift in strategy were yet to be released as of Tuesday, which was supposed to be the last day of MECQ in Metro Manila.

This, as 18,012 new cases were recorded Tuesday, bringing the country’s total active cases to 158,637.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1484740/metro-manila-stays-under-mecq-until-sept-15-pilot-granular-lockdown-deferred#ixzz75mw3IUan

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

recalled its earlier pronouncement

I for one an curious about how many will have heard of this last minute change :whistling:

whos on first.jpg

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

For those that have been holding off on getting a vaccine, I have good news!  I filled up at Petron, showed them my vaccination card, and got 2 pesos per liter discount!  112 pesos total!!!

• Like 5

• Mike J locked this topic