Shape of things to come,,,hopefully

hk blues
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

For those that have been holding off on getting a vaccine, I have good news!  I filled up at Petron, showed them my vaccination card, and got 2 pesos per liter discount!  112 pesos total!!!

I don't drive! 

• Haha 2

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I don't drive! 

For those of you who eat food...... yesterday the wife got discounts of 10% on her Chow King take away (also 10% last week at Jollibee for same as well as dine-in for her and her helper), 20% at the Robinsons mall on her groceries.  She also got a 20% discount at the building supply where she bought tiles, grout, cement, sand etc. for her ground level kitchen's concrete floor upgrade.

All it took was her vax card.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

For those of you who eat food...... yesterday the wife got discounts of 10% on her Chow King take away (also 10% last week at Jollibee for same as well as dine-in for her and her helper), 20% at the Robinsons mall on her groceries.  She also got a 20% discount at the building supply where she bought tiles, grout, cement, sand etc. for her ground level kitchen's concrete floor upgrade.

All it took was her vax card.

Heard nothing at all with discounts. how are you supposed to know? Do they advertise them?

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Heard nothing at all with discounts. how are you supposed to know? Do they advertise them?

Sorry, but I don't know. My wife is out running errands again so I can't ask. 

What I do know is that they ask her if she has a vaccination card, and then they give her a discount when shown.  You usually can't enter our local malls now unless you show your vax proof. The receipts attached to my take out meals now only show the order items w/o the prices....... , but she might have other receipts that show cost.

On the building supplies, it only showed the actual hand written items and charges. She explained to me how the tiles were so many pisos @ normal price and they took off P3@ on the normal P48 price and the grout was normally such a price and she saved P40 on the two bags, etc. 

She just returned and I ask her,  No discount at the Gaisano grocery, but she sent some money via Palawan Pawn shop and was given a 5% discount. She also said that the discount in listed on the purchase receipt as "vaccine discount". 10%. on the Jollibee food. 

That's all I know, since she does all the shopping and running around. Check with your wives/ GFs/ or whoever does your local shopping for what's happening with vax discounts in your area.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Petron had a big sign but the guys asked me.

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, manofthecoldland said:

Sorry, but I don't know. My wife is out running errands again so I can't ask. 

What I do know is that they ask her if she has a vaccination card, and then they give her a discount when shown.  You usually can't enter our local malls now unless you show your vax proof. The receipts attached to my take out meals now only show the order items w/o the prices....... , but she might have other receipts that show cost.

On the building supplies, it only showed the actual hand written items and charges. She explained to me how the tiles were so many pisos @ normal price and they took off P3@ on the normal P48 price and the grout was normally such a price and she saved P40 on the two bags, etc. 

She just returned and I ask her,  No discount at the Gaisano grocery, but she sent some money via Palawan Pawn shop and was given a 5% discount. She also said that the discount in listed on the purchase receipt as "vaccine discount". 10%. on the Jollibee food. 

That's all I know, since she does all the shopping and running around. Check with your wives/ GFs/ or whoever does your local shopping for what's happening with vax discounts in your area.

We were in SM City in iloilo last Sunday and a few stores had signs indicating discount for vaxed folk.  

As for entering the malls, we haven't been vaxed yet but haven't had any issues getting into any of the malls here in Iloilo city.  We do need to do the QR code thing each time but no big deal.  

• Like 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

The 5 day quarantine requirement for incoming travelers in Bohol has been lifted.

https://boholislandnews.com/2021/09/08/gov-lifts-5-day-quarantine-repeat-rt-pcr-for-arriving-travelers-here/

There was a meeting of tourism stakeholders and the mayor in Panglao. Apparently they have suffered enough. The mayor came out of the meeting saying the 5 day quarantine would be eliminated. Two days later the governor followed suit.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)

Read the rules you two, post regarding covid are restricted to Philippines and must be related to recent quarantine rules, travel rules, etc.   

Edited by Mike J
  • Thanks 1

• Mike J locked this topic