Electrical Outages Here

Curley
Posted
Posted
3200W. Best money I ever spent.

Can I ask . what is the fuel it uses? tank capacity? how long would it run if needed? 6hr?12? 24?

6 Gallon capacity gasoline. I've never had it full but P500 would let it run 4-5 hours depending on it's load.

That's something to bear in mind when buying..... Gasoline storage is very dangerous, particularly if you have to store larger amounts.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

When we first got to Cebu 5 years ago we had scheduled brown-outs ever other day they called them rolling brown-outs and were do to overloading of the existing power plants here .... sense they fired up the new Naga coal fired plant 1 1/2 we have only had a few and mostly emergencies that only lasted 20-30 mins. ....... who says that there is no progress here in the Philippines ..... :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

It's funny how we used to hear from members how power was out all the time but lately nobody has posted much at all... Is it still an issue in most areas or is it just in a few certain places now?

yes i noticed that too.  very few posts lately about "power outages"

does anyone have anything to say,,

Thomas
Posted
Posted

It's funny how we used to hear from members how power was out all the time but lately nobody has posted much at all... Is it still an issue in most areas or is it just in a few certain places now?

yes i noticed that too.  very few posts lately about "power outages"

does anyone have anything to say,,

Perhaps they are out of power so they can't post  :)

• Like 3

Markham
Posted
Posted

Mindanao is on rolling power outages with up to 7.5 hours blackout over a 24 hour period. It won't get any better until we've had rain - a lot of rain - as a good part of the island's electricity is hydro and some is geothermal and both need water in order to work.

Two large corporations control all the non-hydro/geothermal power generation here (the Sy Family and Aboitiz) and they would like to open more hydrocarbon-fuelled power stations but they're being blocked by Manila-based environmentalists. The hydro and geothermal plants are state-owned, run-down and badly-maintained but there's no money or political will to reverse that; Mindanao is too far from Manila to figure on the Government's radar.

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Veco to ‘rotate’ power cuts today

Sunday, May 11, 2014

"CEBU CITY - Parts of the cities of Cebu and Mandaue will lose power for up to 13 hours today, while the Visayan Electric Company (Veco) works to improve its facilities.

A press statement from Veco said power service will be interrupted in portions of Barangays Luz, Mabolo and Camputhaw in Cebu City from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. while the power distributor’s crew replaces a 69-kilovolt (kv) pole.

From 5 a.m. to 9 a.m., portions of Barangay Basak San Nicolas, Cebu City will have no power service, while Veco handles some repairs.

Among the areas affected are portions of Natalio Bacalso Ave., F. Llamas St., Eucalyptus St., Friendship Village, Baclay Compound, Allied Banking Corp., Golden Arches Development Corp. and Ever Fortune Corp.

From 5 a.m. to 7 a.m., there will be a power outage in a portion of Barangay Punta Princesa, Cebu City, while Veco works on some lines. Among the areas that will be affected are Sitios Lomboy, Tuburan, Arca, Trinidad and Ibabao.

From 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. or a total of 12 hours, portions of Barangay Umapad, Mandaue city—including Sitio Star Apple and San Jose Village—will have power service interruptions.

Veco, in the statement, said it apologizes for any inconvenience the temporary loss of power today might cause their customers.

“Our engineers will exert all effort to restore electric service as scheduled. However, there are unavoidable circumstances wherein restoration may extend beyond the published schedule,” read the Veco statement.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2014/05/11/veco-rotate-power-cuts-today-342313

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
CEBU CITY - Parts of the cities of Cebu and Mandaue will lose power for up to 13 hours today, while the Visayan Electric Company (Veco) works to improve its facilities. A press statement from Veco said power service will be interrupted in portions of Barangays Luz, Mabolo and Camputhaw in Cebu City from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. while the power distributor’s crew replaces a 69-kilovolt (kv) pole. From 5 a.m. to 9 a.m., portions of Barangay Basak San Nicolas, Cebu City will have no power service, while Veco handles some repairs.

does this ever happen in another country(aka 1st world)?

or do they(here in the philippines) have plans/ability  to REROUTE the power while they work on the lines?

or thats not possible due to what reason?

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I have been in Baguio for a year now and I only recall having 4 or 5 power outages since my arrival.

Overall I would say services such as DSL, electric, phone and catv have been pretty reliable here.

Not quite as good as where I lived in the US, but close.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

I have been in Baguio for a year now and I only recall having 4 or 5 power outages since my arrival.

Overall I would say services such as DSL, electric, phone and catv have been pretty reliable here.

That's it, I'm moving to Baguio!

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

That's it, I'm moving to Baguio!

Do you like rain that much?   :)

Someone (=JJR ?)  told "Baguio" mean something concerning much rain. So I suppouse it's among the places where it rain most in Phils.   Compare: In Surigao they have similar mm rain only in January as we have in Sweden in a whole year  :lol:

But I suppouse rainy regions have biger chance to not get brownouts by being out of water in the water damm electric plants  :dance:    so perhaps that's why they have less brownouts in Baguio?