After your 36 months is up... BI update:

graham59
Posted
Posted

This was posted on another forum.

I thought it may be of interest to those who are concerned about extending their stay. Apologs if already posted:

4a38b5f5965fe8dcde7300f4fae2d432e1e89486.jpeg

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, graham59 said:

I thought it may be of interest to those who are concerned about extending their stay.

I love how they will impose fees, fines and express lane fees.  When they see the windfall profits they may keep this plan after things normalize.

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Like most things I'll believe it once I see it officialy published on the Immigration website.

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Yep... and you'll probably have a week, before they change their minds. :no:

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Like most things I'll believe it once I see it officialy published on the Immigration website.

It was posted over a year ago. It does not apply now. 

• Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

The document is dated Sept 7 2021. :89:

Having said that, the 'rules' change almost daily, as we all know. :rolleyes:

Best to keep up with BI's Facebook page. 

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

Fresh from the BI Facebook page:

2241389079_2107805286024834_2984630249028566798_n.jpg

241666448_2107805276024835_2024667817020312130_n.jpg

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, graham59 said:

The document is dated Sept 7 2021. :89:

Having said that, the 'rules' change almost daily, as we all know. :rolleyes:

Best to keep up with BI's Facebook page. 

Yes and was part missing and hard to see date and no link to the source. I am sure I read a while back the amnesty was ending but as Snowy posted its still on and reposted. So what does it mean? If you overstayed and went to immigration to pay fees owing you will then get 15 days to leave the country? That's how I read it. So if I read it correctly and if anyone was overstaying it would be better to continue doing so until it's easier to go somewhere and return.

Added

Here is the post from July. Says until November only so dont know if that is still the case. 

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

So, a continuation of the usual damned confusion ?  :rolleyes:

Thank goodness this no longer affects me, is all I can say ...now being on 13A Probationary.   

Edited by graham59
  • Like 3

roddavis
Posted
Posted

This just came out on BI Facebook page! 

Immigration Helpline PH

3m  · 

10 September 2021

PRESS RELEASE

BI suspends ‘Order to Leave’ of overstaying foreigners during the COVID-19 pandemic

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) announced on Thursday the temporary suspension of the Order to Leave (OTL) of foreigners who have overstayed their temporary visitor's visa in the country due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak.

BI Commissioner Jaime Morente said that the order to suspend the OTL was imposed in consideration of the effects of the pandemic to domestic and international travel.

“Pursuant to various resolutions from the IATF directing the public to exercise social distancing and minimize travel, and in the interest of public safety and welfare, we will be implementing this order as a form of regulatory relief for foreigners,” he said in a statement.

Morente further shared that the suspension also reciprocates the leniency extended by other countries to Filipinos who may be experiencing the same situation abroad.

The BI Chief then discussed that the relief shall apply to holders of temporary visitor’s visas: 1) who have reached the 24-month period maximum stay for visa-required nationals and 36-month period maximum stay for non-visa required nationals, as of March 1, 2020; or 2) who have overstayed beginning March 1, 2020 regardless whether they have been in the country beyond the maximum allowable period.

Concerned foreigners will still, however, be assessed and shall still be required to settle their immigration fees and penalties in lieu of the OTL.

So, when was the OTL issued!( order to leave). Does this mean if you are at/or after 36 months in country, you don't have to do anything until the pandemic ends? Then pay up to date for previous fee's due before you leave country. What is your take on this?

Since I am now at the 36 months on a 9a visa, I'll be watching this!

• Like 1