After your 36 months is up... BI update:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, graham59 said:

I look at it this way.

How much is an airfare, plus quarantine hotel...plus all other associated 'visa run' costs ? 

Certainly a nice cash cow for the Phils government though... until they finally drive away too many of the foreigners who are, pretty much without exception, already contributing heavily to the Philippines economy.

(I don't expect that fact to be appreciated though, in the land that logic forgot :rolleyes: ).

Not being sarcastic but Graham do you think "they" even care? I don't. If that department can make a bunch of cash that's what they'll do and darn the consequences. 

• Like 3

Freebie
Posted
Posted

I think @Old55 that a nail was just very much hit on the head...

Care ?... " Bahala ka  Sir or wala akong pakialam Sir " might be the phrases the good BI folk might be using as you hand over your dosh....

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I was under the impression the fee for overstaying is 500 peso per month plus all outstanding visa fees and express lane fees if applicable.  Added to that was a requirement for a letter from an attorney explaining the reason for overstay. I'd imagine there's no requiement for that letter now. 

Those were the fees my friend had to pay the last time he overstayed and on that premise I'm expecting it to cost me approx 2,330 peso every 2 months as my office doesn't charge express lane. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

Not being sarcastic but Graham do you think "they" even care? I don't. If that department can make a bunch of cash that's what they'll do and darn the consequences. 

Let's be honest here, do any of us think immigration officials (or indeed government officials of any flavour) care about their customers regardless of them being foreign or local, anywhere?  

They are just doing a job.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I was under the impression the fee for overstaying is 500 peso per month plus all outstanding visa fees and express lane fees if applicable.  Added to that was a requirement for a letter from an attorney explaining the reason for overstay. I'd imagine there's no requiement for that letter now. 

Those were the fees my friend had to pay the last time he overstayed and on that premise I'm expecting it to cost me approx 2,330 peso every 2 months as my office doesn't charge express lane. 

Basically "Pea's" video reflects the announcement from BI last week, so it's more expensive than it was in the past.  

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I don't understand where they are getting the information stating you need a motion for consideration.  The press release explains the requirements which is outstanding fines and visa payment. The Executive Order teling us to leave has been supended so there should be nothing to consider, Morente has already decided we don't have to leave. ext1.jpgext2.jpg 

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Looks like foreigners will just have to take a deep breath (behind their face shield and mask) ... walk through the BI door, and hope for the best.  :unsure:

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I don't understand where they are getting the information stating you need a motion for consideration.  The press release explains the requirements which is outstanding fines and visa payment. The Executive Order teling us to leave has been supended so there should be nothing to consider, Morente has already decided we don't have to

I have not viewed the video but I am sure you are correct. People making videos dont check their facts often.

11 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I was under the impression the fee for overstaying is 500 peso per month plus all outstanding visa fees and express lane fees if applicable. 

It shows clearly on the BI website (2014) the fee per month of overstaying P510 and P5000 per year for administration fees.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Looks like someone has been making a killing over previous motions for consideration. Straight from the Bureau Of Immigration site: 

• Fine for Overstaying – (additional) Php 500.00 per month
  • Motion for Reconsideration for Overstaying – (additional) Php 500.00 + Php 10.00 (LRF)
  • Re-issuance of ACR for (2nd entry of every entry after 59 days) – Php 250 [for minors: Php 150]
  • Application fee is only Php 300.00 for overstaying

https://immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/extension-of-authorized-stay-beyond-59-days

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Looks like someone has been making a killing over previous motions for consideration. Straight from the Bureau Of Immigration site: 

I would think the motion to reconsider part (expensive one from Manila) only comes into effect of Section 6 of the order posted by yourself. That states overstay of more than one year then given 15 days to leave so thats where you would need to ask for consideration and cost much more. Didn't we have a member who had this issue awhile back and cost him a lot at the time?

Those who are less than a year overstaying would just be given and extension with fees. That's how I see it and again I have not watched the video.

• Like 2