After your 36 months is up... BI update:

ducecoop
Posted
Posted (edited)

My gf was told today at  immigration that I could pay 200k and they would send my passport to manila and get it stamped as a work visa.

No more extensions.

No need to leave country this time. But in 3 years.

Also told if I leave the country for my 3 year requirements I could not return due to no tourest allowed 

Direct from the head of Davao city immigration.

Any truth to any of this?

Thanks, Dave Cooper

I forgot to mention that in addition to the covid travel restrictions I have also been bed ridden for 2 years

Edited by ducecoop

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, ducecoop said:

Its probably true.  Corrupt and illegal, but true.  For an extra 100K, if you know the right people, you could get it converted to a quota visa and be a permanent resident.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, ducecoop said:

The most likely scenario to occur is that you would lose your 200K, you might get the passport back.   What you describe is not legal and criminals have no real incentive to meet your expectations after getting the money.  

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Furthermore, any BI official could in the future identify your 'stamps' as fakes... as happened to a guy I knew (who THOUGHT he'd bought a legit Balikbayan stamp, via a lawyer). 

Jail time... or a never-ending cycle of officials and fixers' hands in your pockets ?  

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Better to get a doctor to assess you if bed ridden then no airline will fly you out and immigration will just keep giving you extensions as it's more trouble than it's worth. 

Never do anything illegal, it's just not worth it and being a sceptic I'd be wondering how much of that 200k will end up in your partners pocket. 

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, ducecoop said:

Direct from the head of Davao city immigration.

I would report it as its a scam and illegal. Are you working, no. Do you have a company sponsoring you, no. If you got a stamp there's a good chance one day it will bite you on the backside

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

Read a FB post yesterday, no idea of the authenticity of it   anyway sounded genuine.

my 36 months was almost up, went to BI office and obtained another 2 months, no questions asked.

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Never do anything illegal, it's just not worth it and being a sceptic I'd be wondering how much of that 200k will end up in your partners pocket. 

Gosh that is a tad tough Snowy........

• Like 2

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

thanks for all the replies guys. 

Since I am bed ridden I almost feel like avoiding the whole Visa update thing and just hidding in my house, cause who is going to find me? 

• Like 1

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

Oh!  And ?????? that partner taking my comment .  You must have real trust issues. 

She has access to all my money all the time and can walkwith it when she wants 

• Like 3