After your 36 months is up... BI update:

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, ducecoop said:

Oh!  And ?????? that partner taking my comment .  You must have real trust issues. 

She has access to all my money all the time and can walkwith it when she wants 

My apologies but I've seen it too many times that I suppose I have become a bit  hardened to what can go on. I'm not one for sugar coating things and prefer people being blunt than saying things to appease me.

I hope you get things sorted but I'd email or message immigration as I'm sure they will be understanding. I have a friend with a degenerative spine condition who can't fly and his doctor assured him she would issue a not fit to fly certificate. 

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, ducecoop said:

thanks for all the replies guys. 

Since I am bed ridden I almost feel like avoiding the whole Visa update thing and just hidding in my house, cause who is going to find me? 

Always best to stay legal.  Your partner (with limited power of attorney), or an agent can do the renewals for you.

• Like 2

ducecoop
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Mike J said:

Always best to stay legal.  Your partner (with limited power of attorney), or an agent can do the renewals for you.

She has been doing the renewals  for about 2 years but she can't leave the country for me. 

I agree about staying legal but I don't really know what to do about my 3 years requirement 

RBM
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, ducecoop said:

She has been doing the renewals  for about 2 years but she can't leave the country for me. 

I agree about staying legal but I don't really know what to do about my 3 years requirement 

have her check with BI. Read recently a post on FB, guy said he applied and received an extension at 35 months, usual costs no more. Worth a go,

I know a few whom are not renewing, just sitting it out. Problem would be if ever one wanted to leave the country.  

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 9/20/2021 at 7:46 AM, RBM said:

have her check with BI. Read recently a post on FB, guy said he applied and received an extension at 35 months, usual costs no more. Worth a go,

I know a few whom are not renewing, just sitting it out. Problem would be if ever one wanted to leave the country.  

We have already posted the official BI directive. Yes you can extend past the 36 months but from my reading for 12 months only, then you are given 15 days to leave. That's my understanding but anything can change at any time so Facebook post from the official BI page are what is the facts at the time .

The ones who dont renew will still have to pay overstay fees.

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

These people having to pay p50,000 every couple of months might be better off clubbing together and putting it into a fast boat heading out  :89: (faster than DU30's Jet ski anyway). 

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, graham59 said:

These people having to pay p50,000 every couple of months might be better off clubbing together and putting it into a fast boat heading out  :89: (faster than DU30's Jet ski anyway). 

Who is paying that? 

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Who is paying that? 

That is what is being asked of 36 + month people (via agents), so I've read on another forum. 

Of course I've yet to see a receipt for such an amount... or the visa extension it paid for. 

An interesting few weeks ahead for some people who I'm following online though. I will report back as soon as the REALITY of the situation emerges. 

• Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, graham59 said:

That is what is being asked of 36 + month people (via agents), so I've read on another forum. 

Of course I've yet to see a receipt for such an amount... or the visa extension it paid for. 

An interesting few weeks ahead for some people who I'm following online though. I will report back as soon as the REALITY of the situation emerges. 

Why would anyone pay anything other than what the BI has announced on their official page? Member RBM has posted he renewed after 36 months, no questions asked and I'm sure at only the fees that are normally required. 

If they were paying big fees then it was before the 21st of September 2021

RBM
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Why would anyone pay anything other than what the BI has announced on their official page? Member RBM has posted he renewed after 36 months, no questions asked and I'm sure at only the fees that are normally required. 

If they were paying big fees then it was before the 21st of September 2021

Not...Sorry if I did not make this clear....this was my post.

Read a FB post yesterday, no idea of the authenticity of it   anyway sounded genuine.

my 36 months was almost up, went to BI office and obtained another 2 months, no questions asked.

Not myself that went to the BI, it was on FB where I read that statement. I am as baffled as the next guy.

Trust this clears it up.

• Like 1