After your 36 months is up... BI update:

graham59
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If they were paying big fees then it was before the 21st of September 2021

Yes, that was the case, but even so, it was only what people had been 'quoted' by their regular agent.

I have yet to see a case of a fully processed extension, plus a receipt for the amount (p40-50,000). 

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Certainly on Boracay even before the order came out from the BI a friend on Boracay explained his situation to immigration as his 36 months was almost up.  They just told him to keep extending as normal with no back handers or extortionate agency fees.  Different on Oriental Mindoro where another friend was offered via an agency 6 months extension past his 36 months for 60k, this was about two months ago.  I don't know if he paid it as he has a degenerative spine condition and his doctor offered him an un fit to fly certification.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Certainly on Boracay even before the order came out from the BI a friend on Boracay explained his situation to immigration as his 36 months was almost up.  They just told him to keep extending as normal with no back handers or extortionate agency fees.  Different on Oriental Mindoro where another friend was offered via an agency 6 months extension past his 36 months for 60k, this was about two months ago.  I don't know if he paid it as he has a degenerative spine condition and his doctor offered him an un fit to fly certification.

Where it all confusing is the first page of the order.

Basically it says pay all fees, fines and express lane and gain a IARC (Immigration arrears release certificate). Which I think is for those who have not been to extend their stay at all or since March 20, 2020.

Page two states that foreigner's past their 36 months can extend every two months but as I have said before that this appears to be for 12 months only past the 36 months. No one has corrected me so I guess it reads that way. I misunderstood RBM s post but who ever posted on FB I would guess is correct that if you are just coming up to your final renewal then you will get a normal 2 month extension with the normal fees at this stage.

• Like 2