9/11 Never Forget

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

20 years has passed so fast.  The week before 9/11, I had a business trip to JFK and took an afternoon off to tour Manhattan, in a hotel arranged mini-bus.  We passed by the towers but that was not one of our stops.

On 9/11 I was on a commuter train in San Francisco, almost to the office, when the first plane hit.  We only knew because my VP at the time always had a portable radio he listened to on the trains.  Our office at the time was on the ~50th floor of 100 California.  We were the first ones in the office and spent the next hours nervously looking out the windows and wondering if any more planes were in the air, perhaps towards San Francisco.

A terribly sad day, life changing, world changing.  May the perpetrators burn in hell, and may the victims and heroes of the day be remembered forever.

291493_wabc-september11-anniversary-attack-cover-img.jpg news_210908_911memorial_01.jpg

• Sad 4

jimeve
Posted
Posted

R.I.P To the victims and hero's who lost their lives. 

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

eagle kry.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

20 years. Seems like a few years ago.

I remember up in the wee hours of the morning in Australia with the TV on when broadcast of "America under attack" came on TV. I phoned my Australian GF at the time and no answer but answering machine came on and I said , turn on the TV, something is happening. She heard the message and watched what was going on as well.

Tragic event that could not be forgotten.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

I can clearly remember it being broadcast live, including the actual 'hits' on one of the news channels on my TV in my sala in Angeles City.  A shocking experience from beginning to end.

RIP to all,  except the scum perpetrators. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

20 years has passed so fast.  The week before 9/11, I had a business trip to JFK and took an afternoon off to tour Manhattan, in a hotel arranged mini-bus.  We passed by the towers but that was not one of our stops.

I was scheduled to fly to Cleveland the following day.  Checking my flight and seeing that we would have been forced to land somewhere in Montana if I had flown on 9/11.  I remember thinking "How in the hell would I have gotten back home, no flights and everyone would want to rent cars".   Bad deal for sure.  :sad:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

And on Sept 12

eagle sharp.jpg

• Like 1