From a Calamansi (Philippines Lime) seed...

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes you can find the info HERE

Malwarebytes says "Website blocked due to trojan."

I prefer natural sources of vitamin C. In the past there has been some controversy over natural vs synthetic vitamin C. Specifically, synthetic C may not be as effective.

Edited by Guy F.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Here is a picture of my wife's prized dwarf calamansi. Picked this up in 2021 and it has been replanted once in a larger pot.

2021-09-20 08.14.58.jpg

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Guy F. said:

Malwarebytes says "Website blocked due to trojan."

My computer security says nothing and works for me without problems.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Guy F. said:

I prefer natural sources of vitamin C

Admirable!  We are discussing Calamansi.  Vitamin C from Calamansi is as natural as it gets.  Are you disputing that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
On 9/19/2021 at 11:16 AM, Guy F. said:

I've found Kalimansi to be a very good treatment for colds/flu. Don't just ask for Kalimansi juice- ask for strong Kalimansi juice.

I have gotten HOT kalamansi juice several times when I got a cold in Philippines and it felt good but I am not so sure it is more effective since vitamin c is sensitive to heat, I think?

Anyone else experienced this?

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Viking said:

I have gotten HOT kalamansi juice several times when I got a cold in Philippines and it felt good but I am not so sure it is more effective since vitamin c is sensitive to heat, I think?

Yes, we do.

We drink it hot with honey and find it somewhat alleviates symptoms especially cough for awhile. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Viking said:

I think it's exactly the same as they recommend lemon for colds. Calamansi spelt with a C is the same family as lime and lemons.

• Like 2

Viking
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Yes, we do.

We drink it hot with honey and find it somewhat alleviates symptoms especially cough for awhile. 

18 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I think it's exactly the same as they recommend lemon for colds. Calamansi spelt with a C is the same family as lime and lemons.

The question is if it's a good thing to heat it up, vitamin c is sensitive to heat. When we heat it up we destroy the vitamins we want to have. Maybe we would get better results if drinking it cold and then have a cup of hot tea to make the throat feel better?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Viking said:

The question is if it's a good thing to heat it up, vitamin c is sensitive to heat. When we heat it up we destroy the vitamins we want to have. Maybe we would get better results if drinking it cold and then have a cup of hot tea to make the throat feel better?

You may be over thinking it. Many herbal remedy experts recommend lemon and honey hot tea for cold or flu.

I prepare the water hot enough to drink and melt the honey at ~ 120F not boiling hot.

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
On 9/21/2021 at 2:48 AM, Old55 said:

You may be over thinking it. Many herbal remedy experts recommend lemon and honey hot tea for cold or flu.

I prepare the water hot enough to drink and melt the honey at ~ 120F not boiling hot.

I prefer to take ascorbic acid some thing but more convenient.

• Like 2