Women working in groups

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Gf was at country mall Cebu the other day when a commotion broke out. In a new store having a sale and quite crowded a man with some sort of a bag slung over his shoulder was trying to go forward down an isle but a woman was blocking his movement. He sort of moved his bag to the other side when his GF noticed another woman opening the bag behind his back. Some yelling broke out and 3 women plus the one blocking the isle ran from the store. The one blocking the way was well dressed and not what one might expect for pickpocketing gang.

:Policeman:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

baronapart
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Gf was at country mall Cebu the other day when a commotion broke out. In a new store having a sale and quite crowded a man with some sort of a bag slung over his shoulder was trying to go forward down an isle but a woman was blocking his movement. He sort of moved his bag to the other side when his GF noticed another woman opening the bag behind his back. Some yelling broke out and 3 women plus the one blocking the isle ran from the store. The one blocking the way was well dressed and not what one might expect for pickpocketing gang.

That's why when we are out and about in the Philippines my wife is the "Queen of the Little Peso." That is all she carries in her purse--small bills. I am the one to carry carry any sizable peso bills zipped in my front cargo short pockets. If there is any sale shopping to be done she goes it alone will I sit in the courtyard or food court sipping coffee or San Miguel)))

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Desperate times for many people. 

• Sad 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 9/19/2021 at 11:32 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Barcelona Spain was the worst place I have visited for this type of crime, usually aimed at tourists.  Traveling with 2 Korean friends, we had 3 attempts in one day!

• Sad 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Barcelona Spain was the worst place I have visited for this type of crime, usually aimed at tourists.  Traveling with 2 Korean friends, we had 3 attempts in one day!

I'll second Barcelona.  I had two attempts at my backpack whilst on my honeymoon the same two guys both times.  I was watching them follow me on the reflection from shop windows and any time I stopped and pretended to look at something they'd come up behind me and reach for the top of my pack. I'd step backwards fast and knock them, after the second attempt I exchanged a few words along the lines of if they don't F off I'll get them in a head lock and start eating my way through their face. La Rambla in Barcelona is famous for it as there's usually crowds watching the street performers.

• Like 3