Review; Summit Galleria Quarantine Hotel Cebu City

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Old55 said:

My wife was quarantined at Summit Galleria hotel Cebu recently and was impressed with the room, food and service. 

It was < $50 a day total including three meals and plenty of mineral water.

The hotel is located above Robinsons Galleria Mall has a nice view. The staff was willing to go to the mall and shop for those held captive for a modest tip. Family or friends could drop off food water or whatever at the front desk too. 

Thanks for the info mate, been looking around for something in Cebu especially now that Australia has been moved off the "Green List" to yellow.  

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 9/23/2021 at 7:36 AM, Old55 said:

It was < $50 a day total including three meals and plenty of mineral water.

I would have paid about P2500 a day :whistling:

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I would have paid about P2500 a day :whistling:

I'm sure my wife got the rich kano quarantine "discount".

• Haha 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

I'm sure my wife got the rich kano quarantine "discount".

$50 US dollars at the moment is P2531

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

$50 US dollars at the moment is P2531

Well that will school me to post before drinking morning coffee. :morning1: 

The rate went up soon after she arrived home here in da States. 

She flew PAL against our better judgment it was the only choice at the time. Got screwed over with baggage and she nearly missed her flight. They moved the departure time three hours earlier the day of her flight home! 

Edited by Old55
  • Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Old55 said:

They moved the departure time three hours earlier the day of her flight home! 

Three hours later would be OK for most but earlier certainly would cause most people problems. Did they say why?  Glad you finally got my little bit of humor. :smile:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Three hours later would be OK for most but earlier certainly would cause most people problems. Did they say why?  Glad you finally got my little bit of humor. :smile:

"Did they say why?" LOL, it's PAL why would they do anything helpful or logical?

Gator
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Old55 said:

Got screwed over with baggage and she nearly missed her flight. They moved the departure time three hours earlier the day of her flight home! 

What happened with the baggage? 

Amd thanks for the info about the flight change. I’m looking into PAL’s non stop flights from LAX and SFO now.  Guess I should  make sure to leave enough time between my connection from Florida. 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Gator said:

What happened with the baggage? 

Amd thanks for the info about the flight change. I’m looking into PAL’s non stop flights from LAX and SFO now.  Guess I should  make sure to leave enough time between my connection from Florida. 

The baggage.... From SEA to SFO and from MNL to CEB she was charged $100 for her 1 extra check in baggage. She was led to understand it would be free when the ticket was purchased. On the return leg she complained at CEB departure and a supervisor voided the charge for the CEB-MNL leg.

Outbound the day she departed PAL canceled their LAX flight so the SFO flight was completely full. But on the return trip the flight was about 1/3 full and she had the row to herself. To be fair she said the crew were very helpful and enjoyed the food. The crew were in hazmat smocks face shields and head coverings. 

At this time you only have two choices PAL and Emirates. A quick check Emirates only goes to MNL and is crazy expensive.

I'm not objective but would advise you to avoid PAL as they are in chapter 11 and even in good times are unreliable. Maybe wait a month or two other carriers will come back on board? As it is now PAL is the only affordable carrier and may be emboldened to play games. 

Edited by Old55
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1