My non event covid vax

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Sinovac is still fine for many countries including Europe. 

Have a mate just went to Spain and as Sinovac is approved by WHO as an emergency vaccine all was good. Plus suggest you get the BOQ yellow book, and if available in Cebu, the VaxCert.Ph which is the digital version of yellow book.

Sinovac " should be " also confirmed for US soon I read.

Understand that not every country has it on their approved list. Have a friend went to Italy, who had his sinovac shot  and in order to get the Eu "green pass" he had to get an additional shot of Moderna and all was good.

I aslo had sinovac as it was the only one available earlier this year and is the majority vaccine delivered in Philippines.. hopefully one day theres universal access and approval of all vaccines... but not yet this day.

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted

We got our 1st shot of Astra Zeneca 2 weeks ago.  We could have taken Sinovac weeks ago but had concerns over being accepted in the UK.  They're pretty switched on here in iloilo - the Mayor's facebook page has the vaccination schedule posted a few days in advance showing location/appointment or walk-in/type of vaccine. We checked daily until we saw the availability of walk-ins for anything but Sinovac.

In terms of the process itself - we went at 6am as it was a walk-in day and there were already around 300 people ahead of us.  Registration began at around 8am and we were registered by 9am - straight into the vaccination room, medical interview, basic tests, vaccination, basic tests again and issued card then out by 9:30am.  In terms of protocols, strictly followed and announcements every 10 minutes.

Impressed overall.  

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I agree better that you wait for Moderna or Pfizer.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

My wife got her first Pfizer last week in Olongapo.  They had Sinovac too, and seemed to be offering it to anybody that wanted it.  She saw a foreigner come in without an appointment and they offered it to him, and he said sure, fine.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

My wife got her first Pfizer last week in Olongapo.  They had Sinovac too, and seemed to be offering it to anybody that wanted it.  She saw a foreigner come in without an appointment and they offered it to him, and he said sure, fine.

I suppose if you're not intending going outside the country then Sinovac is fine.  That said, when faced with being able to choose between it and something else I'd be surprised if anyone chose Sinovac.  Unless Sputnik was the other option!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Freebie said:

Plus suggest you get the BOQ yellow book, and if available in Cebu, the VaxCert.Ph which is the digital version of yellow book.

Nothing but paper showing two vaccine's here in Cebu at this time.

3 hours ago, Old55 said:

I agree better that you wait for Moderna or Pfizer.

I hear new new formula Pfizer and I think Astra are coming here soon so I will wait, even if just the current version I would rather wait.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

This is about a month old which shows which countries accept Sinovac. I did not post it as it has charts so better to view from their site.

https://visaguide.world/news/45-world-countries-recognise-chinese-sinovac-vaccine-for-travel-amid-covid-19/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have Astra, the wife has Pfizer and received her second shot Monday this week.

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Get Pfizer or get pfucked. :hystery: