My non event covid vax

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Gangdang

You might think I hid your posts but 2 other moderators did so and rightfully so. You hijacked my topic to add your usual conspiracies theories and political overture. 

This is about my covid non jab here in the Philippines.

Here is a copy of Covid topic rules posted September 17th

To keep the peace and to prevent topics from debating unnecessary things I have posted updated rules for this forum.

Coronavirus. Your say and Questions
This forum is to discuss the Coronavirus only. All Coronavirus topics to be placed here including lockdown, passes, visa issues and anything which is related to the current Coronavirus situation except this is not a debate forum for; for or against vaccines or any other similar type of discussions such as where the virus came from or conspiracy theories. The point of this forum is to give advice where needed and to keep up with changes to the situation and more so in the Philippines rather than worldwide.

Covid Forum Rules
Topics will be for helping each other to gain information on the current situation. Off topic or posts aimed at placing personal views to push those views onto other members will be removed.

• Like 3

Viking
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

It would have been nice if one of the conditions of donation was that citizens of the donating country were prioritised rather than everyone and their dog who happens to know someone at City Hall. 

I think the whole purpose of donating to less privileged countries would be a "fail" if it comes with a request that the citizens of the donating country, living in (Philippines) would be prioritized.

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Viking said:

I think the whole purpose of donating to less privileged countries would be a "fail" if it comes with a request that the citizens of the donating country, living in (Philippines) would be prioritized.

I know, but it is galling to see all and sundry around me getting the 'premium' vaccines just because they have a family member/friend/friend of a friend working in City Hall.  That's also not fair.  

But, it's the way things work here.  

• Like 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

I know, but it is galling to see all and sundry around me getting the 'premium' vaccines just because they have a family member/friend/friend of a friend working in City Hall.  That's also not fair.  

But, it's the way things work here.  

I understand that it can feel frustrating but as you say, that's how things work in there. It's more fun in the Philippines ;-).

Anyway, I hope you will soon get the vaccine you want.

Take care and stay safe.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Viking said:

I understand that it can feel frustrating but as you say, that's how things work in there. It's more fun in the Philippines ;-).

Anyway, I hope you will soon get the vaccine you want.

Take care and stay safe.

Indeed!

We were finally able to get the AZ vaccine 2 weeks ago, 2nd shot end of the month.  It was just frustrating to hear all our neighbours getting the premium jabs due to their connections when they were as far down the priority list as I.  I'm whistling in the wind but why can't things here simply be done according to the well-documented process?  I know...I know...

I am truly grateful to get a vaccine despite my frustration.

You too Viking, stay safe and well over there!

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

We were finally able to get the AZ vaccine 2 weeks ago, 2nd shot end of the month.  It was just frustrating to hear all our neighbours getting the premium jabs due to their connections when they were as far down the priority list as I.  I'm whistling in the wind but why can't things here simply be done according to the well-documented process?  I know...I know...

I am truly grateful to get a vaccine despite my frustration.

I have no connections other than a nurse that I dont know but my GF spoke to outside the vax center. 7.55 am this morning message came. Tell sir to come down, we have Pfizer. But I couldn't go so maybe tomorrow.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I have no connections other than a nurse that I dont know but my GF spoke to outside the vax center. 7.55 am this morning message came. Tell sir to come down, we have Pfizer. But I couldn't go so maybe tomorrow.

I guess that's what I'm getting at - there is a system in place but frequently circumvented.

Just to add - I would 100% do the same if I had the chance.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

I guess that's what I'm getting at - there is a system in place but frequently circumvented.

Just to add - I would 100% do the same if I had the chance.

Its not really a system. My GF decided to talk to a worker. I originally said a nurse but found out today a worker. I guess if you dont ask then nothing happens.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

So update on my jab which I had today. Pfizer and Sinovac was available so obviously I had Pfizer. I think they just told me thats what Im getting as I did not hear asking for choice. There was quite a few getting Sinovac which I think was first dose so I guess their choice. More getting Pfizer. Or maybe Sinovac was second dose and Pfizer was for first dose like me, not sure.

Total of 2 hours of moving from chair to chair. Counseling is normally done 3 at a time at each booth but the one doing it sent two locals to next booth so she could speak to me alone. Might be because she didn't want to talk English in front of the others, who knows.

My blood pressure was high from first test and remained high for more test up until cleared to leave. Might have to see a doc about that.

Overall it was fairly easy and organised and mostly helpful. The doctor asked me if I understood Visayan and since no he explained some  in English and the other for locals.  So just  waiting for any side effects. 

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Its not really a system. My GF decided to talk to a worker. I originally said a nurse but found out today a worker. I guess if you dont ask then nothing happens.

My point exactly.