Visa for ex military personnel.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I think I have asked this question before, if so here goes again sorry.

Is the visa for ex military personnel good for all nations, or only for ex U.S. armed forces personnel?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

Is the visa for ex military personnel good for all nations, or only for ex U.S. armed forces personnel?

Here is info from the immigration web site.  I searched but could no list of countries other than the USA "that have military ties and/or agreement with the Philippine government"  

<snip>

SRRV EXPANDED COURTESY
For foreign nationals, 50 years old & above, who are retired Armed Force officers of foreign countries with existing military ties and/or agreement with the Philippine Government. A monthly pension of at least US$1,000.00 and an SRR Visa deposit of US$1,500.00 are required. The SRR Visa deposit includes the principal applicant and 2 dependents. Additional dependent, entails additional SRR Visa deposit of US$15,000 each (except for former Filipinos). CHILDREN must be legitimate or legally adopted by the Principal Retiree, unmarried and below 21 years old upon joining the program.

<end snip>

https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

Is the visa for ex military personnel good for all nations

Well it is mentioned on the Australian site for the Philippine Embassy so I would check with them:

https://dms.philembassy.org.au/index.php/website/consular/visa/103-special-resident-general-information/file

EDIT:  Their info sounds wrong as they say:

Deposit required for . . . 6. Retired military personnel (and members of the diplomatic corps below Ambassador level) = US$ 50,000.00

Better to contact them and ask directly.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

It's available to Australian ex-military.  And yes Dave, that 50k USD is a misprint. 

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

The UK also has a military agreement with the Philippines. The key ones here:

Memorandum of Agreement between the Department of National Defense of the Republic of the Philippines and Military Delegations (signed and entered into force 13 Nov 2009)

• Memorandum of Understanding on Defense Cooperation between the Philippines and the UK (signed 4 December 2017)

https://londonpe.dfa.gov.ph/bilateral-relations

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 3

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks everyone for your contributions, one thing that I have learned from your replies is that although I did 15 years in the Navy and have qualified for war service, I did not get a pension per say. Not that it matters a great deal as that annual payment got my attention.

cheers