Quantine and testing updated for inbound travelers.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Thanks for that :cheersty:

Was wondering when they'd be adjusting their rules given all the other recent changes.  

Clermont
Posted
Posted

One thing that puzzles me, how come the world isn't on the same page with quarantine isolation. :89:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Clermont said:

the world isn't on the same page

Different forms of Government and constitutional rights vary. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Clermont said:

One thing that puzzles me, how come the world isn't on the same page with quarantine isolation. :89:

Even within individual cities, states, provinces, and countries there is difficulty in finding any kind of consensus on quarantine standards, how much more difficult for the entire world.  Also each country, and area of the country, are at different stages of the pandemic and require either lessor or more stringent rules.

• Like 3

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

For people whose homes are on a different island than the airport, will they have to do more quarantine at a hotel? They won't be allowed to us a ferry boat when they're supposed to be in quarantine.

• Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Guy F. said:

For people whose homes are on a different island than the airport, will they have to do more quarantine at a hotel? They won't be allowed to us a ferry boat when they're supposed to be in quarantine.

It will depend, was reading yesterday some places are now open without quarantine. Quarantine for inbound overseas people but getting less on the local side like for those who live here going from island to island. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Bought tickets way back when I was sure quarantines would be history by Christmas. The most I could tolerate would be 3 days.

It's probably a waste of time to worry about it until a week before departure.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

Bought tickets way back when I was sure quarantines would be history by Christmas. The most I could tolerate would be 3 days.

It's probably a waste of time to worry about it until a week before departure.

I know what things say it is how it is meant to be and will say again what I said somewhere else on the forum. I met a guy who came from Romania. He was in quarantine and on the third day got back his negative test results. From that point he was moved to a different part of the hotel where he came and went wherever and whenever he wanted to until the 10 days was up.

So if it's the same as that then it's not so bad. Manila might be stricter? 

• Like 4