BI asks Filipinos to be patient in waiting for foreign partners

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, graham59 said:

I do understand... of course (and I have brought a bride back to my country in the past). That is why I said 'SOME' of these lovesick dopes'. :thumbsup:

Another factor I forgot to mention is a lot of these guys trying to get K1 and CR and IR visas for their partners, or trying to visit their kids, are younger with full time jobs.  So even if they meet all the requirements to visit, they have limited time off work, and the quarantines involved can kill their plans.  Even the new 5 day quarantine is a killer for a guy with 2 weeks holiday off from work.

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Even the new 5 day quarantine is a killer for a guy with 2 weeks holiday off from work.

Five day quarantine? Isn't it still 10 or 14 day?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

Five day quarantine? Isn't it still 10 or 14 day?

New ruling.

<snip>

Effective Oct. 8, fully vaccinated travelers from green and yellow countries need to undergo facility-based quarantine until the release of their negative RT-PCR testing taken on the 5th day, said Palace spokesman Harry Roque. 

They shall then be required to undergo home quarantine until their 10th day, with the day of arrival as their first day, he said in a televised public briefing. 

<end snip>

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Mike J said:

New ruling.

<snip>

Effective Oct. 8, fully vaccinated travelers from green and yellow countries need to undergo facility-based quarantine until the release of their negative RT-PCR testing taken on the 5th day, said Palace spokesman Harry Roque. 

They shall then be required to undergo home quarantine until their 10th day, with the day of arrival as their first day, he said in a televised public briefing. 

<end snip>

We really want to travel soon, but I still can't imagine being locked in a hotel for 5 days with the family of 5.  If I absolutely had to travel, just me, I could live with it.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

People always see a negative about not letting foreigners back into the country to see their girlfriends but think how many guys have had a lucky escape. I know of a couple of girls that were playing their partners and gave up as their partners were saving for the wedding instead of sending them lots of money. They've now found more generous suckers. :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

We really want to travel soon, but I still can't imagine being locked in a hotel for 5 days with the family of 5.  If I absolutely had to travel, just me, I could live with it.

Actually I was just reading the new rules and they require foreigners to pre-book 6 nights at a quarantine hotel.  Test is on the 5th day so I guess they assume results will be late on the 5th or early on the 6th day.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

People always see a negative about not letting foreigners back into the country to see their girlfriends

I suspect some of the old retirees living in the Philippines see a positive about all those sweet young things wandering about with no boyfriend able to come see them for a couple of years now.  :lipssealed_80_anim_gif:

• Haha 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I suspect some of the old retirees living in the Philippines see a positive about all those sweet young things wandering about with no boyfriend able to come see them for a couple of years now

Well some either dont check anything or just hope they can get away with things just by turning up only to find they are sent out on the next flight. Surprised the airlines let them board but I guess with so many changes it's hard for them to know.

Cebu airport turns away 3 foreigners

October 09, 2021
LOVE does not conquer all.

Three foreigners, all with romantic interests from the Philippines, were turned away on their arrival at the Mactan-Cebu International Airport recently after they failed to present valid entry visas, according to the Bureau of Immigration (BI).

Two of the passengers, an Australian and a German, were turned back by immigration officers on Tuesday after arriving from Singapore.

The third passenger, an American, was turned back after he arrived on Saturday, Oct. 2, from Los Angeles, USA, the bureau said on its Facebook page Wednesday, Oct. 6, 2021.

Two of the foreigners said their spouses were Filipinos who were not traveling with them, while the third foreigner said he was here to visit his Filipina fiancée.

All three claimed not to know that they were supposed to get a visa before traveling to the Philippines.

These incidents prompted BI Commissioner Jaime Morente to remind foreign nationals that the Philippines is still closed to foreign tourists due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and that only aliens with valid and existing visas are allowed entry.

Morente advised tourists or temporary visitors coming to the Philippines for business, humanitarian or other meritorious reasons to apply for 9(a) visas and entry exemption documents from any Philippine embassy or consulate abroad.

Morente said airlines also have the responsibility to check that foreigners who booked their flights to the Philippines have valid visas.

“Airlines are subjected to administrative fines if they board improperly documented foreign nationals,” said Morente. “Hence we wish to reiterate the importance of proper documentation to avoid such incidents.”

He did not name the airlines involved in the incidents. (CTL)

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1909706/Cebu/Local-News/Cebu-airport-turns-away-3-foreigners

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I guess with so many changes it's hard for them to know.

I heard that Pattaya, Thailand just opened up for tourism so as long as those guys made it this far its not a long flight to cure what ails them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I heard that Pattaya, Thailand just opened up for tourism so as long as those guys made it this far its not a long flight to cure what ails them.

True but there they have to get Covid insurance and from what I seen the other night on youtube it's not just a case of turning up. You have to apply for a visa etc.

• Like 2