13A ACR Card Renewal, Questions

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I looked through some recent topics and did not see the answers I am looking for.  I seem to recall that some of you accomplished renewing your expiring 13A ACR cards in the last year of two?  Questions:

1.  Is this still only allowed at the Intramuros main office?

2.  Approximately what is the cost of renewal?

3.  In theory, if my 13A ACR is expiring, and I do not want to renew it (moving to the U.S.), can I convert to a 9a for the last few months of my stay.

4.  I can't think of any advantages of maintaining 13a while living overseas.  We will use Balikbayan when visiting PH.  Am I missing something?  I know Paul B. has issues renewing his ACR because he is overseas.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

1. I think you can renew the ACR card at satellite offices.

https://immigration.gov.ph/services/alien-registration/renewal-of-acr-i-card

2.  Sorry, forgotten the cost already.

3.  The 13A visa is a permanent resident visa and does not have an expiration date, only the ACR card expires.  But even if you changed to a tourist visa I think you would still need a new ACR card.

4.  It is my understanding that the 13A visa will expire if you are out of the Philippines for longer than 12 months, but I can't seem to find the source to post.  As you plan on using Balikbayan privilege in the future that should not be an issue in any case.

Best of luck on your future move.  Hope everything goes smoothly.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I looked through some recent topics and did not see the answers I am looking for.  I seem to recall that some of you accomplished renewing your expiring 13A ACR cards in the last year of two?  Questions:

1.  Is this still only allowed at the Intramuros main office?

2.  Approximately what is the cost of renewal?

3.  In theory, if my 13A ACR is expiring, and I do not want to renew it (moving to the U.S.), can I convert to a 9a for the last few months of my stay.

4.  I can't think of any advantages of maintaining 13a while living overseas.  We will use Balikbayan when visiting PH.  Am I missing something?  I know Paul B. has issues renewing his ACR because he is overseas.

1 - No - I renewed mine at the Iloilo BI.  It's true not all BI offices can do it but there is a list online of each BI office and what services they provide.  I'm damned if I can find it now though! 

2 - From memory, 2,500php 

3 - As per Mike's reply, I think you'd still need an ACR for a 9a.

4 - You're probably right IF you 100% think you won't be back.  I see Mike has noted that the 13A will expire if you are out 12+ months - I enquired about this before and was told there was no set limit, the key thing was to ensure you get your Annual Report done as soon as you return.  I wasn't 100% convinced but became immaterial to me anyway so didn't take it any further.   

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

1. I think you can renew the ACR card at satellite offices.

https://immigration.gov.ph/services/alien-registration/renewal-of-acr-i-card

Thanks, yes, they have always made the list of services hard to find.  Here is a direct link to the current one:

https://immigration.gov.ph/images/DirectoryOfTransactions/2021_Yr/04_Apr/2021Apr08_DirOfTransaction.pdf

It has been a while since I looked and they have added the word renewal to several offices.  That's great.

2.  Sorry, forgotten the cost already.

It is probably minimal.  If were large it might impact my decision making.

3.  The 13A visa is a permanent resident visa and does not have an expiration date, only the ACR card expires.  But even if you changed to a tourist visa I think you would still need a new ACR card.

I was only thinking about this if the renewal was a hassle and expensive.  Probably no worries.

4.  It is my understanding that the 13A visa will expire if you are out of the Philippines for longer than 12 months, but I can't seem to find the source to post.  As you plan on using Balikbayan privilege in the future that should not be an issue in any case.

Right!

Best of luck on your future move.  Hope everything goes smoothly.

Actually, I am considering postponing one year.  If I do, my ACR card will expire.  Thus my concerns.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

I had my First 13a in 2008, at that time we could do the Annual report at a PI consulate abroad ( mine was Malaga Spain) they changed the rules in 2010 and it could only be done here, When I came here in 2010 I was demoted back to a 9a because of non reporting for 2 years, so anyone should remember that they want you here as a Permanent Resident.  My Guess is that you will only get away with missing the Reporting period once :tiphat: I now have regained my 13a in 2013 and have just renewed my ACI card. Good for another 5 years now :thumbsup:

Yep.

I asked the question based on the idea I would possibly miss the Annual Report once but would be able to do it sometime later in the year so wouldn't have stretched into a 2nd "miss" anyway so didn't ask the question.  

• I'm Confused 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, hk blues said:

From memory, 2,500php 

If its the same as tourist ARC then its charged at $50 USD plus 500 express fee or at least used to be.

Joey G
Posted
Posted

OMW... lets face it... the rules can change any time after you leave... personally I wouldn't sweat it... once the kids get to the US, they aren't leaving, and you won't leave them... trust me. Even if you decide to return for a longer period of time... I'm not sure starting rom scratch would be any harder than anything else you try to prepare for... thats my approach... besides Balikbayan is just too easy... overthinking it wasn't worth the headache for me :6:

Now if you've got property investments you're leaving behind... different story perhaps.

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If its the same as tourist ARC then its charged at $50 USD plus 500 express fee or at least used to be.

No idea, I was charged and paid in pesos for the fee plus express fee.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 10/14/2021 at 5:26 AM, Joey G said:

OMW... lets face it... the rules can change any time after you leave... personally I wouldn't sweat it... once the kids get to the US, they aren't leaving, and you won't leave them... trust me. Even if you decide to return for a longer period of time... I'm not sure starting rom scratch would be any harder than anything else you try to prepare for... thats my approach... besides Balikbayan is just too easy... overthinking it wasn't worth the headache for me :6:

Now if you've got property investments you're leaving behind... different story perhaps.

Yes, keeping the 13A after we actually leave is no issue or not an issue.

Here is the timing issue in more detail.

Current plan is to exit the Philippines in June 2022

ACR card expires in April 2023

Considering changing our plans to leave in June 2023

So my ACR card will be expired from April to June 2023.

Do I need to renew it?  As somebody mentioned, ACR is not actually the 13a visa, so it is a bit confusing.  I know people have waited for months or years to get their ACR cards.  If I don't have an unexpired one when I leave, is that a problem?

Maybe I will ask BI on Facebook.

Edited by OnMyWay