Emirates Ad

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

A single drone was used to capture the footage in a continuous take to film the complete sequence.

And that drone kept remarkably steady during the entire perfomance.  I have never been able to keep a drone that steady when it is even a little bit high up in the wind.  You can imagine why people are cynical but surely they would never lie to us or touch up the video after the fact.

• Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And that drone kept remarkably steady during the entire perfomance. 

Large commercial drones are very different to consumer drones like my DJI (and probably your drone), they're heavier and have better stabilization.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

Large commercial drones are very different to consumer drones like my DJI (and probably your drone), they're heavier and have better stabilization.

I think they also contain some kind of lens stabilization software/hardware.  You also find it in the more expensive cameras and binoculars.  

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And that drone kept remarkably steady during the entire perfomance.  I have never been able to keep a drone that steady when it is even a little bit high up in the wind.  You can imagine why people are cynical but surely they would never lie to us or touch up the video after the fact.

Why would they explicitly lie though - they have been directly challenged on the video and insist it's genuine?   There's a difference between saying nothing and actually lying. 

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Well, that’s one lady whose whose clearly got ‘balls”!

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

Well, that’s one lady whose whose clearly got ‘balls”!

Hard to tell from such a distance!

• Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, hk blues said:

Why would they explicitly lie though

My thoughts run the opposite way.  Why would they film it on top of the tower?  It would be hugely cheaper and easier to use special effects in a studio and we obviously cannot tell.  I just have a feeling there is more to the story.

• Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Why would they film it on top of the tower?  It would be hugely cheaper and easier to use special effects in a studio and we obviously cannot tell.

Not so sure about special effects being cheaper.  Seems like they would still need a drone shot of the tower and then put her up there.

I have read a few articles that say it is legit and same for this video.  The lady is a professional skydiver so she probably had a chute on during the climbs up and down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm not sure why people are making such a big deal of climbing to the top of the tower?

When doing antenna maintenance the guys I worked with used to climb up towers hundreds of feet in height, I only did the smaller ones but I wasn't as fit and it's damn hard work climbing up hundreds of narrow ladder steps. :hystery:

I worked in the country so we did towers but I knew guys who did the same thing for the masts on top of sky scrapers.

It requires proper safety harnesses and some training (and a degree of physical fitness for the taller ones) but it's not rocket science.

The harder bit would be getting the drone shot right.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I'm not sure why people are making such a big deal of climbing to the top of the tower?

When doing antenna maintenance the guys I worked with used to climb up towers hundreds of feet in height, I only did the smaller ones but I wasn't as fit and it's damn hard work climbing up hundreds of narrow ladder steps. :hystery:

I worked in the country so we did towers but I knew guys who did the same thing for the masts on top of sky scrapers.

It requires proper safety harnesses and some training (and a degree of physical fitness for the taller ones) but it's not rocket science.

The harder bit would be getting the drone shot right.

I think it became an issue of discussion because in the video she is wearing zero safety equipment.