Which Visa should my Spouse get?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

He can apply for a 13a from day one but if being in the Philippines less than six months must obtain a police clearance from his own country.

Have to be careful with this, while a person can bring a police clearance with them, since you are from the states, it MUST be done by the FBI, and you pretty much will have to start your application as soon as you hit the ground so the investigation does not expire.

Unlike the Philippines (and maybe many other countries, law enforcement is multi faceted, divided by city, country, state and federal.) So a background check done by the country sheriff or city police department will not do you any good.

1. Police Clearance Certificate issued by the national police authorities in the applicant’s country of origin or legal residence. The Certificate must be valid for at least six (6) months prior to date of filing of application.
  • Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Does the US police clearance have to have been apostilled also ?  Certainly police clearances from UK have to go through that slightly zany process.

• 1 month later...
Girl_going_home
Posted
Posted

13a VS SRRV?

Does anyone know that tax advantages of one over the other?  I've read that SRRV holds don't pay for taxes on income earned outside the Philippines.  Does that mean if my husband goes with the 13A he will have to pay taxes earned in the US?

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Girl_going_home said:

13a VS SRRV?

Does anyone know that tax advantages of one over the other?  I've read that SRRV holds don't pay for taxes on income earned outside the Philippines.  Does that mean if my husband goes with the 13A he will have to pay taxes earned in the US?

As far as I aware, If your husband is not a citizen here he will only pay taxes on income earned here - the Philippines doesn't have a global tax system.  This has nothing to do with the type of visa he holds.

• Like 3

Yeochief
Posted
Posted
On 10/21/2021 at 6:09 AM, scott h said:

Be in the Phil for at least 6 months, then get an NBI (Phil version of the FBI) clearance

I know what the law says, but I got here 3 August 2020, went to Manila NBI in November 2020 and got my clearance.  I had no problems, never used a fixer.  

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Yeochief said:

but I got here 3 August 2020, went to Manila NBI in November 2020 and got my clearance

I hear ya,,,this it the PI after all, or a person might wait 6 months and be told to wait 9,,,you just never Know....:hystery: like the old saying says.......

"Youse pays your money, gets youse ticket and take youse chances"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 12/1/2021 at 10:32 AM, Yeochief said:

I know what the law says, but I got here 3 August 2020, went to Manila NBI in November 2020 and got my clearance.  I had no problems, never used a fixer.  

Not sure if I am misunderstanding you but a NBI clearance can be obtained at anytime. If we are talking about for the purpose of a 13a then a clearance from your own country is required if you have not been in the Philippines for 6 months or more. But like I say, anyone can apply for a NBI for an reason.

Maybe you mean they accepted an NBI when they are not supposed to if been in the country less than 6 months?