New 'Missionary' in (Cebu) town.

graham59
Posted
Posted

He's going to have to tread very carefully (all 400 lbs of him). 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 10/31/2021 at 12:22 PM, Freebie said:

How do people get to be sooo big ?? Fat Git comes to mind.

Could be a medical issue but whatever perhaps we should not judge publicly on this forum. Could be a member and some are insulting him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Guy F. said:

Someday I'd like to have a refuge for unwed pregnant teen girls. This guy could give me pointers. :2245_safe:

I should clarify. Forgot to mention this would be strictly for cases in which I am the father.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Haha 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Could be a medical issue but whatever perhaps we should not judge publicly on this forum. Could be a member and some are insulting him.

Correct, I did read he graduated from a university  in the States, extremely well read gentleman, specializing in ancient religious scripts...

I have respect for anyone doing anything here for the betterment of others, even more so for this type of dangerous seedy kind of help he is trying to offer. . Lets wish him well in his en devours.  

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Well obviously I wish this fine fellow luck in finding the 7000 US dollars for the furnishing of his house. :thumbsup:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

These people appear now and again and perhaps believe they are doing good, raising expectations in the minds of those they " rescue" that they will have a better life. They invariably run away and leave  after they find its harder to rescue girls who might enjoy the financial benefits of " selling a product they actually own", as well as trying to cope with Philippines bureaucracy whilst being a charity. 

Research Wipe Every Tear who promised ladies in  Angeles a significantly better life, whilst at the same time, seeking funding from supporters in US. 

Not sure these people are as lily white as they appear , and have seen plenty of such charity do gooders  come and thereafter go in the 35 years Ive been in and around Philippines. 

• Like 5

RBM
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Freebie said:

These people appear now and again and perhaps believe they are doing good, raising expectations in the minds of those they " rescue" that they will have a better life. They invariably run away and leave  after they find its harder to rescue girls who might enjoy the financial benefits of " selling a product they actually own", as well as trying to cope with Philippines bureaucracy whilst being a charity. 

Research Wipe Every Tear who promised ladies in  Angeles a significantly better life, whilst at the same time, seeking funding from supporters in US. 

Not sure these people are as lily white as they appear , and have seen plenty of such charity do gooders  come and thereafter go in the 35 years Ive been in and around Philippines. 

This particular Gentleman, pastor appears to believe he can make a difference.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 11/2/2021 at 9:36 AM, graham59 said:

Well obviously I wish this fine fellow luck in finding the 7000 US dollars for the furnishing of his house. :thumbsup:

If I understand the video message, the money is needed to furnish a "safe house" to be used to shelter the women, not "his house".   I will agree that the "rescue of sex workers" has been attempted a number of times already with limited success.  But I think most of us would agree that the Philippines still has a bad reputation when it comes to tourist sex, especially for those looking for minors.  My opinion of course.

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Yes, I think we (hopefully understand the general 'lie of the land' in the Phils (after 31 years here, I think I do anyway).

I'm sure the gent is a paragon of virtue, but whatever. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, graham59 said:

I'm sure the gent is a paragon of virtue, but whatever. :thumbsup:

Think the term pastor would be more appropriate.

• Like 1