SKY internet wants 3 months advanced for foreigner's

RBM
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, scott h said:

Not just foreigners,,,I have seen several places that charge different prices for locals and another for out of towners....pinoy or not

As I think about it. The San Diego Zoo in California charges more to out of town visitors.

Could you elaborate please.

Here around Bacolod area I have only noticed it doing hikes in the national park. Regardless if your resident or not, if the nose is long you pay extra.....Used to annoy me, now if the funds are going to help protect and clean the parks I accept it OK. Probably about half of them charge the foreigner extra. Its stated on the boards.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, scott h said:

Not just foreigners,,,I have seen several places that charge different prices for locals and another for out of towners....pinoy or not

As I think about it. The San Diego Zoo in California charges more to out of town visitors.

I am one who tends to agree that locals paying a lower fee than nonresidents and foreigners is reasonable and should actually be expected.  After all it is the local population who via labor, taxes, donations, etc founded and maintain the venue. 

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Then why is it a Filipino does not have to pay. Oh and I forgot as well a foreigner has to pay for the modern when a Filipino does not so.

With Globe, foreigners have to pay 4,500php for the modem but they also do not have a 24 month lock-in for foreigners whilst they do for locals.  

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

I am one who tends to agree that locals paying a lower fee than nonresidents and foreigners is reasonable and should actually be expected.  After all it is the local population who via labor, taxes, donations, etc founded and maintain the venue. 

I agree IF it's discount for locals but charging extra only for foreigners seems off to me.  

• I'm Confused 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I agree IF it's discount for locals but charging extra only for foreigners seems off to me.  

Does it really matter?  After all the end result is exactly the same.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Does it really matter?  After all the end result is exactly the same.

It's not the same though IMO - I don't mind a local resident getting a better deal but don't see why a foreigner should pay more than someone from another part of the country.    I also don't agree with the long nose tax system for the same reasons.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, RBM said:

Could you elaborate please.

The only example I can name from memory is a resort called canyon cove in Batangas south of Manila. Price for local day trippers was lower than than out of towners...To be fair all folks from Manila are considered rich in the province. :hystery:

Over the past 9 years I have seen a few "tourist" spots charge different. Just cant remember all the names and locations :89:

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

I agree with the long nose sentiment,

So, what your trying to tell people coming over to live, have cosmetic surgery on your nose before you come. Good advise, thanks. :whistling::hystery:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Clermont said:

So, what your trying to tell people coming over to live, have cosmetic surgery on your nose before you come. Good advise, thanks. :whistling::hystery:

I will continue to shop at the malls but appreciate the thought.  :hystery: