[2021-11-08] 13A Visa Intramuros Update **Probationary to Permanent Update**

graham59
Posted
Posted

Very helpful. Thanks .

I'll have to be applying for mine (Permanent 13A) soon...though via my local BI office. :smile:  

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The thing is although helpful it may not be the same case like in the Cebu office for example so if your doing this in Manila then thats how it is there.

Now we need someone from another office if with very recent experience to explain their nice day out at the BI.

Shol
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The thing is although helpful it may not be the same case like in the Cebu office for example so if your doing this in Manila then thats how it is there.

Now we need someone from another office if with very recent experience to explain their nice day out at the BI.

Agree 100% although it's quite clear that this is referencing the Intramuros main site by design.  For anyone at other offices the process and experience will most likely be 100% different perhaps with it's own series of nonsense or magically, none :)

And that would be great if someone could champion some of the other offices :)

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Paying extra money for this kind of thing would bug the crap out of me, but I would pay it and think to myself "well there is one more thing out of the way". Then I would just get on with my life, it`s all sent to try us.

• Like 5

Shol
Posted
Posted (edited)

I agree it's sad and tough but that building is one where you simply want to get out of there as fast as possible.  So yeah I did just pay the extra.   Pretty sure they only fleece you for that low amount so they can keep doing it without the big "anti corruption commish"  (Who's office is like a few feet from the stairs right near them within shouting distance) won't figure out what's going on under his nose...

Or I could be wrong and he's good with it lol..

Edited by Shol
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, graham59 said:

Very helpful. Thanks .

I'll have to be applying for mine (Permanent 13A) soon...though via my local BI office. :smile:  

9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Another story that says avoid Intramuros!  I hate the place and there are crocodiles all over the roads in the area!  I got my initial 13a there but then I was able to get my permanent at Balanga City.  That was 2017 and the staff there were very nice.

graham59
Posted
Posted

I think I wrote an account of the processing of my Probationary 13A, earlier this year... at my local very friendly and helpful Dagupan BI Field Office.  They made sure everything was present and correct, before forwarding on to Intramuros. No agents involved and, and correct 'fixed' fees charged. 

Hopefully the final stage will run as smoothly.  I'll start that probably early December, as the current 13A finishes towards the end of Feb 2022. 

Shol
Posted
Posted

One thing I forgot to mention is that they will ask you to "refill" out another application form as there's an apparent new form for the ACR card that's different (Looks the same but seems on legal/longer paper) It's not available online but everyone there was having to fill that out separate.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Yes...have to repeat everything, as no such thing as simple computer records in this country full of Facebook, TikTok, online shopping, and 'gaming addicts'.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1