[2021-11-08] 13A Visa Intramuros Update **Probationary to Permanent Update**

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted
On 11/9/2021 at 6:18 PM, Shol said:

One thing I forgot to mention is that they will ask you to "refill" out another application form as there's an apparent new form for the ACR card that's different (Looks the same but seems on legal/longer paper) It's not available online but everyone there was having to fill that out separate.

Yes the paper size is " legal " 8x13 we bought a pack of 25 sheets used 3 inc passports pics and used 2 to do a test printout and you have to have the correct folder also. Out of the 4 windows i had to go to only the photo taking one was happy and smiling faces

• Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Went through this last month as well. They also wanted a photo copy of every single page of my passport. Glad I didn’t have the extra page version.

I had an appointment for November. We walked in early October to ask questions and they processed me that day since I had the NBI clearance.

Anyone have a time estimate for approval?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Shol
Posted
Posted

They say 2-3 months but you can check the link on the far left side of the NBI main page probably within the a month or so because you never know :)

graham59
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Shol said:

They say 2-3 months but you can check the link on the far left side of the NBI main page probably within the a month or so because you never know :)

Question for you please.

When applying for conversion to permanent 13A, will I need to get another (more recent) NBI clearance certificate ? 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Question for you please.

When applying for conversion to permanent 13A, will I need to get another (more recent) NBI clearance certificate ? 

Yes Graham, this to prove that you have been a good boy during your Probationary Year :tiphat:

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

Aaah, okay, Thanks !  :thumbsup:

HappyJack
Posted
Posted

Shol,

Is the letter you posted the letter from the Filipina spouse to the B.I. commisioner requesting a 13A for her husband or is that letter something new because of the no interview ruling?

Also, the top of that letter is hard to read.  What does it say after both of legal age and Filipino....

Thank You

Shol
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi there sorry for the delay in responding was unable to read things for a few days.

@grahamn59 -  Yes you will indeed BUT (And you can read my other thread specifically on NBI Clearance) if you can / want there is at least in Manila to do an online renewal but I will caution on that, since even if you update your address online, some of these changes didn't seem to go through when you show up there to get the paper copy.  I am praying that because of this there are no issues with my approval since for whatever nonsensical reason, they seem to want to follow your NBI clearance's address.   Also they were clear that it should be valid when your are approved, NOT when you are applying so despite mine being still technically valid for another 2 months or whatever I had to secure the updated one.  (Which was, identical except for the dates, go go redundant behavior here haha)

@happyjack - Sorry for the clarity though you are right it is hard to read; you can save a copy and zoom, and it would read "Filipino citizens, after being duly sworn to in accordance with law, depose, and say";  This is just the version that the notarize scam provided as a template for us.

And to add to that, this letter was not existing online and at least when arriving at the Manila office is presented to the applicants as a new requirement due to the pandemic en lieu of doing the interview.  (Though, based on my own personal experiences, I cannot say for sure that this is even accurate or true, as mentioned in my other threads I just did what they asked to get it over with.)   Since it's a surprise and expected to be notarized, you are herded off to do that down an alley for apparently 5 times + the price of what it should cost.   It's a scam, but hey it's probably faster and much easier than doing the interview.  (Or getting red faced foreigner mad and causing a commotion or whatever haha.)

As per others here, I suspect that some of the other offices are not doing this or requesting the letter, but you might want to see with some folks that have recent information because as you know things can change here depending on the time of day, who you talk with and of course how much of a bigshot you an act like when you show up.  (Unfortunately, if you show up acting like a lamb who didn't do your prime research, you are ripe for the plucking although the notorize scam seems to be universal to anyone who was being dealt with this year. (And last year, just the person who accomplished it, was just bigger, younger and female.))   Most of them to seem to be in on it in some way. 

Hope it helps :)

Edited by Shol
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the extra info sir. 

I went into Dagupan NBI today (not trusting to their fancy new 'online' application wonder website, and neither did I last time)... for my NBI renewal, prior to applying for my 13A conversion. 

Nope... instead I pulled up a chair in front of the kind folk out front of the NBI, who do the whole appointment booking process for you for about p100 on their little laptop...then give you the slip of paper receipt thing to present inside the NBI. All went smoothly at the counter. Go back and pick up the NBI clearance form in about 10 days.  

Followed this by a quick visit to Dagupan Immigration Office, to pick up latest 13A guidance sheet, plus forms that I can fill in at home, at my leisure. Will progress that further, upon receipt of the NBI clearance doc'.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1