Airfares to the Philippines

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Just looking at prices for next year for flights to the Philippines that’s if we are allowed to fly .

AnywAy what a shock I got the prices have more then doubled to what I have paid over the years , the most I’ve paid is just over £600 each for indirect flights from the uk , either flying to Abu Dhabi or Hong Kong , but now they are wanting over £2700 .

I have also looked at getting a flight to Hong Kong then another flight from there to Manila but again it’s getting on towards £ 2000 with a stop over , looks like I better look into holidays in the UK .

• Like 5

Frank from Boston
Posted
Posted

A strategy that works in this situation is to understand the algorithm that these airlines use. At least try to understand anyways. For example, timing is key. At times, it's better to shop a one way ticket at a time. I also compare with various apps like Momondo and Skyscanner, HOPPER and even Booking.com. Be flexible. We willing to choose optional dates. Momondo allows you to choose +/- three days from a date you choose. Flights from BKK to Manila, round trip is all over $500. So, you check one-way each way to find the best fit. I've found tickets for around or under $400 using this method.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Frank from Boston
Posted
Posted

In addition, buy a one-way now at the right price while you now have the option to wait for the other one way Ticket perhaps two weeks later. This is just examples of what I do.

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, stevewool said:

have also looked at getting a flight to Hong Kong then another flight from there to Manila but again it’s getting on towards £ 2000 with a stop over , looks like I better look into holidays in the UK .

Yes I've found the price ridiculous from Australia also, and I think once PI opens up and other carriers will force the prices down a bit, but don't expect them to drop to pre pandemic prices. :28: Arr well I might have to see if I can bum a lift with him.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I've been checking prices from Australia to the Phillippines also and I have to agree.

All the prices are way up on pre-pandemic prices and to make things worse I'd have to purchase a fully flexible fare to allow for changing rules which adds even more cost, no more 'minimal changes' economy tickets.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

My wife flew LA to CEB last July it was ~$1800 USD. The high costs reflect the restricted airline service to Philippines. PAL was the only one for awhile. 

Would not expect prices to change until Philippines opens up. We plan to visit next summer but not if the prices remain crazy high.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

My wife flew LA to CEB last July it was ~$1800 USD. The high costs reflect the restricted airline service to Philippines. PAL was the only one for awhile. 

Would not expect prices to change until Philippines opens up. We plan to visit next summer but not if the prices remain crazy high.

Interesting.  My wife is wanting to visit Yakima, WA next spring to visit friends, report to our sponsoring church.  Cebu to Seatte and return for less than $1000 if you are not picky about which day of week to fly.  Results below using Kayak dot com.

image.png

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Interesting.  My wife is wanting to visit Yakima, WA next spring to visit friends, report to our sponsoring church.  Cebu to Seatte and return for less than $1000 if you are not picky about which day of week to fly.  Results below using Kayak dot com.

image.png

Figure she got the tickets right at peak price. :571c66d400c8c_1(103)::5714137783ea0_1(172): Papa was not doing well at the time so no regrets.

Wife me and one son plan to spend a month or three in Philippines next summer. Hopefully the prices will be reasonably affordable then. 

• Like 3