9a Visitors Visa With "EED Not Required" Notation Process - The Australian Experience

• BrettGC changed the title to 9a Visitors Visa With "EED Not Required" Notation Process - The Australian Experience
  • Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I admire your tenacity.  Hope you travel plans come to fruition soon. :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Clermont
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, BrettGC said:

As most of you know, you can enter PI with the 9a visa if you're either married to, or the parent of a Philippine national. I completed the process by mail and received notification of approval yesterday.  

Hey Brett, you don't have to go through all that bulldust if you go in on a Balikbayan, do you. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Frank from Boston
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Hi All, 

As most of you know, you can enter PI with the 9a visa if you're either married to, or the parent of a Philippine national. I completed the process by mail and received notification of approval yesterday.  

The one thing that stands out is that of all the Philippine overseas missions' websites, the Australian PI embassy is the least helpful.  I managed to work out what is required using a combination of their UK, Singapore and US web pages, which in some cases contradicted each other, (surprise surprise) so to cover all bases I provided everything listed on each site.  I did speak to a consular official here in Australia but the only thing I could glean from this individual was that they may or may not be processing 13a's in Australia by January or February... No shit Sherlock; the may or may not part that is.  

I was thinking about holding out on the off-chance the 13a's would commence again to avoid the probationary bureaucratic mess, but after nearly 2 years of not seeing the AM (Angry Midget - wife) I decided to err on the side of caution. 

So, here's a list of what I provided for my successful application:

• Letter explaining why I wanted to visit;
  • Completed non-immigrant visa application;
  • 2 unmarked passport photos;
  • Certified copy of my passport information page as well as my passport;
  • Certified copy of my passport pages with PI entry stamps to support proof of relationship;
  • Bank statement, defence pension statement and proof of income (some recent payslips) to prove I can support myself there;
  • Certified copies of both our marriage certificate and PSA receipt - the receipt proves authenticity apparently;
  • Letter from AM stating that our marriage was indeed still valid and it would be really cool if we could actually see each other;
  • Certified copy of AM's passport information page to prove her PI citizenship (national ID is also acceptable);
  • Certified copy of the pages of AM's passport with Australian entry stamps to further support the proof of relationship;
  • Bank cheque to cover the visa cost; and
  • A self-addressed pre-paid express post envelope (there's no longer any such thing as registered mail in Australia, express is tracked the same).

The UK site stated that proof of onward flights and accommodation bookings were also required but after emailing the PI embassy in Australia they stated that this was not necessary until after approval i.e. show proof upon entry.    

I opted for the 12 month multiple entry version; if I did need to come back to Australia for any reason in the next 12 months I won't have the reapply... If the entry requirements remain unchanged that is.  

Anyway, just my experience so good luck to anyone else in a similar position. 

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I've read that they want to see $200 USD a day in the bank for each day of staying in the Philippines. Is this accurate? Again, sorry about the question. I've never filled out a Visa before.  $200 X's 30 days ... x' months of stay ... Lot of money in the bank. Can I show the paystubs and pension or annuity savings?

graham59
Posted
Posted

Oh to be Chinese with a brown envelope full of money.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted

The irony. Manila envelopes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

Apparently the PI is not ready, willing or able at this time to revive the severed human connection with the common world at any reasonable scale. 

I stayed over for the duration thus far, and am content with that decision, however..... I doubt that I would be willing to perform your listed circus act to come here even to see my asawa before a level of the previous normality returned, were I not here. I tip my hat to you, sir.

Well I'm ready to retire so it's not really that much to go through when you consider the long term goal.  

5 hours ago, Clermont said:

Hey Brett, you don't have to go through all that bulldust if you go in on a Balikbayan, do you. :thumbsup:

No mate, you just need to have a copy or your marriage certificate.  We did look at the option of meeting her in Singapore but it's nigh on impossible for her to leave the country at the moment.  That may change by January when I actually travel so if it does, we'll more than likely go down that route.  The backup was SRRV as you can now enter if you've started that process; relatively cheap for me as I qualify for the military service version.  Options...

3 hours ago, Frank from Boston said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I've read that they want to see $200 USD a day in the bank for each day of staying in the Philippines. Is this accurate? Again, sorry about the question. I've never filled out a Visa before.  $200 X's 30 days ... x' months of stay ... Lot of money in the bank. Can I show the paystubs and pension or annuity savings?

Well the 9a allows you to stay for 59 days at a time, but who's to say how much of that time you're going to use each visit?  But to your point, I did see that on one of the embassy websites is the so worked on that assumption.  I showed as much as I could and yes, proof of pay and all other forms of income, no matter the type, would be accepted.  I thought about showing my superannuation balance (401K for the US) that I can't access until I'm 60 but after doing the maths there was no need.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Frank from Boston
Posted
Posted

One step at a time 😂

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have never understood the need to show proof of earnings or money in the bank. The reason I write this is because if we run out of money they don`t give us any. I understand not letting in destitute people but 200 us a day.

• Like 4