9a Visitors Visa With "EED Not Required" Notation Process - The Australian Experience

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

Not a stupid question at all but we are beginning to travel down a rabbit hole by criticizing a policy that is probably not true.  Expat group members of this forum have probably experienced thousands of trips over the years.  So if anyone here on any of those trips has had to prove or show they had a $200 per day for allowance on a tourist visa please speak up, or better yet post the official regulation/requirement.  Our goal as a forum is to provide accurate information and advice about the Philippines.  NOTE - you do need to have sufficient level of financial assets and/or monthly income for a 13A or an SRRV visa but those are both "permanent resident" visa, not a tourist visa.

$200 a day!! Chance would be a fine thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Re-read my posts, there is only one visa that requires you to have savings and an income. I wont mention it as it does not concern this topic. It may confuse you and may be obsolete when we come out of this pandemic. :photo-109: Do a bit of this instead of:89:

Gator
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Mike J said:

Not a stupid question at all but we are beginning to travel down a rabbit hole by criticizing a policy that is probably not true.  Expat group members of this forum have probably experienced thousands of trips over the years.  So if anyone here on any of those trips has had to prove or show they had a $200 per day for allowance on a tourist visa please speak up, or better yet post the official regulation/requirement.  Our goal as a forum is to provide accurate information and advice about the Philippines.  NOTE - you do need to have sufficient level of financial assets and/or monthly income for a 13A or an SRRV visa but those are both "permanent resident" visa, not a tourist visa.

When applying for a tourist (pleasure) visa, at least in the USA, they do ask for financial statements to prove you can support yourself. But no specific balance or daily amount is stated. 

Proof of financial capacity

a. Pleasure - photocopy of any of the following: latest bank statement, previous year's income tax return, most recent pay stub and an employment certificate from the employer indicating position and salary or affidavit of support.

b. Business - letter from employer or sponsor of the trip indicating its specific purpose or nature, length of stay (inclusive dates), company guarantee or all moral and financial obligations to be incurred by the person while in the Philippines.

http://www.traveldocument.com/forms/PhilDC.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Gator said:

When applying for a tourist (pleasure) visa, at least in the USA, they do ask for financial statements to prove you can support yourself. But no specific balance or daily amount is stated. 

Thanks for that, we learn every day, as is the case when entering Australia , they make sure you have enough for your stay, never heard of it happening in the PI's. It might be one of them relaxed rules. :whatever:

• Like 3

Frank from Boston
Posted
Posted

When I saw the $200 specific amount, I realized that it was a page connected to Singapore. Slightly different requirements or wording depending on country of origin I guess.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 11/15/2021 at 3:51 AM, Clermont said:

Thanks for that, we learn every day, as is the case when entering Australia , they make sure you have enough for your stay, never heard of it happening in the PI's. It might be one of them relaxed rules. :whatever:

Well they certainly never asked when many of us arrived under the visa on arrival system. My guess is if you apply for a visa from another country then thats when they want proof of finances for length of stay.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

My guess is if you apply for a visa from another country then thats when they want proof of finances for length of stay.

Have they never heard of high limit credit cards?  Many travellers I know will go on extended holidays with a 20K limit credit card and no cash whatsoever.  Asking them for proof of cash would be greeted by "Huuuh?"

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Have they never heard of high limit credit cards?  Many travellers I know will go on extended holidays with a 20K limit credit card and no cash whatsoever.  Asking them for proof of cash would be greeted by "Huuuh?"

I dont know as never applied for a visa from home country.