Can unvaccinated enter PI as a tourist at the moment?

graham59
Posted
Posted

I think this has been 'the elephant in the room' all along.

The insurance companies will already have been busy reformulating their policies and prices.  

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, granite said:

Is it possible to enter philippines at the moment unvaxxed on a tourist visa?

As its already stated, no tourist allowed at this time.

The BI Facebook page is the most up to date info and almost daily, https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, BrettGC said:

It states on the BI FB page that a digital version of proof of vaccination is required upon entry as well as a booking in an accredited quarantine hotel for 5 days. 

6 days it says for yellow list countries as a foreigner. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=258179349683178&set=pcb.258179389683174

6 days.jpg

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, granite said:

Philippines is our Plan B and so gathering some intel (traveling with my 18y son)

Thailand have opened up to fully vaccinated tourist. You have to apply online and do a short quarantine but this info is no good to you unless you get vaccinated.  

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, granite said:

Thank you but this is incorrect and therefore I assume unresearched conjecture.

First you got to get out of Australia and you can only do so if you meet the requirements for un vaccinated but then you have to find a country that is allowing entry, vaccinated or not.

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/leaving-australia

Quote from smarttraver.gov.au

You may face more difficulty finding flights if you don’t meet vaccination requirements.

https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/COVID-19/leaving-Australia

You can go to New Zealand I believe 

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Mike J said:
9 hours ago, granite said:

Thank you but this is incorrect and therefore I assume unresearched conjecture.

Is there anyone who actually know the rules for Philippines? Their official govt website says its still possible if do the 2-stage quarantine process.... I'm wondering if anyone on here has first hand experience.

You were given the correct answer already.  You cannot enter the Philippines without being vaccinated.  You better drop down to plan C or D or . . . .

Also - telling a moderator of the forum  that they do not know what they are talking about is NOT a good way to introduce yourself. 

At the risk of pissing off more than one moderator. granite is correct. He was responding to the statement that all countries require you to be vaccinated to enter. That statement is incorrect. A quick search of the internet will find that there are many countries which allow entry if you are not vaccinated. But they may require more testing and quarantine if you are not vaccinated when you enter the country.

I am starting to get a bit tired of the attitude of some of the forum moderators. Perhaps that is why I do not participate as much in the forum.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Some people arrive with an 'attitude' . 

The same sort of people hold everyone else up at the  Immigration desk, or at the supermarket checkout.  :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

16 November 2021
PRESS RELEASE 
PH still closed to foreign tourists 
The Bureau of Immigration (BI) clarified today that the Philippines is still closed to foreign tourists.
“The country remains closed to foreign tourists. Only those under the allowed categories as set by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID) if coming from green or yellow countries may be admitted to enter,” Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente said in a statement. 
Morente stressed that, while there are encouraging signs that the country might soon reopen its borders, the BI will continue to restrict the entry of foreign tourists until the government decides to the lift the travel ban on them. 
Presently, only Filipinos, balikbayan, and foreigners with valid and existing visas issued by the BI and other specialized government agencies are allowed to enter the country.
Those who wish to travel to the Philippines under a tourist visa may only do so if they apply for a 9(a) temporary visitors’ visa, and an entry exemption document (EED) from Philippine posts abroad.
Morente said that, while the BI is ready and prepared for the eventual reopening of the country to foreign tourists, the decision to reopen will come from the President and the IATF-MEID.
The BI Chief issued the statement following reports that the Bureau’s offices were being swamped with queries from persons who assumed that foreign tourists can now enter the country after Metro Manila was placed under the less restrictive Alert Level 2 status.
"We advise the public to refer to our website and social media pages to keep themselves updated on our latest advisories on guidelines and requirements for international travelers,” he said.
The Palace earlier said that the Philippines will again be welcoming foreign tourists “in due time,” saying such a move will depend on the experience of other countries who have already opened their borders to foreign visitors.

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration/posts/258487406319039

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, earthdome said:

I am starting to get a bit tired of the attitude of some of the forum moderators. Perhaps that is why I do not participate as much in the forum.

Its been a tough 20 months for some of us. We get a bit tired of some of the member attitudes to. But anyway the point of the matter the OP is in Australia. I have already posted what it is allowed for escaping Australia for the unvaccinated so if somewhere in the requirement's he can make himself eligible and then find a country that will accept him plus an airline that allows unvaccinated from out of Australia then good luck to him but it wont be the Philippines at this point. 

• Like 5