Can unvaccinated enter PI as a tourist at the moment?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Earthdome, none of us is perfect we do the best we can sharing what we know. :7500:

Your input was more accurate. Thank you. 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

For what it is worth, a quick google I found this.

18 Countries Open For Unvaccinated Travelers - Winter 2021 Picks! (travelinglifestyle.net)

Most I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. I have been to Panama,,,not bad it you have money. Portugal would be nice.

The trick would be to find an airline that will take you. If a person has to change planes, and the hub airport country requires the Jab, would a person be allowed to board?

• Like 4

earthdome
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Old55 said:

Earthdome, none of us is perfect we do the best we can sharing what we know. :7500:

Your input was more accurate. Thank you. 

All good. Your response was fine. It was one of the responses to a response to your post that I had a problem with.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'd also not just look at the Government sites to see what the vaccination status requirements are.  Many airlines won't let you board either unless vaccinated.  Similar to the Governments saying they won't enforce certain requirements but leave it up to the individual companies. 

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

Yep...airlines are the ones who have to pay to take you back home again (probably plus a fine), if you're refused entry, so hardly surprising that they are likely to be the most cautious 'players'. 

• Like 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

The airlines are scheduling flights far in advance with the hope that the Phils will open up prior to flight time. Then they are canceling flights when not enough tickets are being sold. A while back Air Canada canceled the flight we had paid for. Then we paid for another set of tickets on EVA Air. The Taiwan/Cebu leg was canceled 4 days ago. GRRR!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

I suppose the airlines have got to be as pissed off as their customers though. :sad:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, graham59 said:

I suppose the airlines have got to be as pissed off as their customers though. :sad:

They have lost a huge amount of money that is for sure.

• Like 1

Frank from Boston
Posted
Posted
On 11/15/2021 at 10:50 PM, Lou49 said:

I am hearing that tourism might be allowed again in early 2022 for fully vaccinated travellers. Also heard from other sources that mandatory traveller’s health insurance could be required. This could be a deal breaker for people over say 60ish with health issues. Has anyone here heard anything about this?

Get nomad insurance. Insuyfor backpackers. It covers it and more. Unvaccinated can enter if they are married to a Filipino, or are tied to the Philippines in some way. Work etc. Other than that you are a tourist and cannot enter. It's not just about being on the green list.

Frank from Boston
Posted
Posted
On 11/16/2021 at 10:09 PM, Snowy79 said:

I'd also not just look at the Government sites to see what the vaccination status requirements are.  Many airlines won't let you board either unless vaccinated.  Similar to the Governments saying they won't enforce certain requirements but leave it up to the individual companies. 

If you are not vaccinated, you will not be able to overcome all the obstacles. While we may believe in our freedom of body and choice, it's irrelevant to most governments.

• Like 1