Fire Service Inspection

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

We just got word that the fire service is coming this afternoon to inspect the house to see whether it is fit for human habitation.

Given that there is a squatters camp across the road and another camp adjacent to our vacant block next door this should be very interesting.

I will follow up later on how much their visit costs us.

Build in the Philippines ...forget it.

• Sad 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

"Where's My Christmas":santa_trumpet: related incident you think? 

• Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

I just told them that I didn't actually live IN it.  :mocking:

Me napping in Bicol.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

We just got word that the fire service is coming this afternoon to inspect the house to see whether it is fit for human habitation.

I believe that is normal but usually done before move in but I think you said you have been there awhile. Did you get a certificate of occupancy or perhaps called something else? 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I believe that is normal but usually done before move in but I think you said you have been there awhile. Did you get a certificate of occupancy or perhaps called something else? 

I have to plead guilty as charged for not knowing about this certificate.

The Christmas money collecting gods (not my words but from my better half), we’re kind to us yesterday as the Chief fire officer who inspected the property said the only thing missing was smoke detectors and we should install 3 in the living area, so the better half is going to get 4 to be on the safe side.

Footnote: the officer was very impressed with the number of extinguishers we had around the house, 10 in all from where my GF had them from a closed business she had. I knew there was a reason why I didn’t chuck them.

Cheers

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1