Apostille Service

Frank from Boston
Posted
Posted

Anyone have any useful information regarding Apostille service? Per previous discussion, my fiance apparently needs this service completed before we leave for Thailand for the marriage, and time isn't on our side "apparently". I guess they need to certify the certified government documents 😤

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

My guess is if you contact a local lawyer or courthouse and they should be able to point you in the right direction.  Seems a bit over the top to me, but it is what it is.  

Just a question:  Is this a Thai requirement for one of the documents for marriage?  I only ask as when I was married in PI standard notary was fine for all the documents we presented.  

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Frank from Boston said:

Anyone have any useful information regarding Apostille service? Per previous discussion, my fiance apparently needs this service completed before we leave for Thailand for the marriage, and time isn't on our side "apparently". I guess they need to certify the certified government documents 😤

I'd research how long it takes the marriage documents to be provided by the Thai authorities and then recognised by the Philippines.  Another forum I'm on an expat was trying to get married in Thailand to his Filipino partner thinking they'd get married one day, pick up the docs and fly to the Philippines but the process apparently takes up to 3 months. 

• Like 1

Frank from Boston
Posted
Posted

Needs to be completed in the Philippines only. And once you have the appointment, it's fast.  A few days. It's the appointment that's the issue

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Frank from Boston said:

Perhaps this might help

https://lawyerphilippines.org/how-to-apostille-philippine-documents-birth-certificates-marriage-certs-etc/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Youngster
Posted
Posted
On 11/22/2021 at 12:46 PM, Frank from Boston said:

Needs to be completed in the Philippines only. And once you have the appointment, it's fast.  A few days. It's the appointment that's the issue

Just heads up.  I'm not sure it's a requirement or not, but when we married in Hong Kong in 2019, we were told to head over to the Philippine Embassy to register our marriage.  We filled out paperwork and paid fees at the embassy which then forwarded documents to PSA.  We were then able to get PSA certified marriage certificate several months later.

Frank from Boston
Posted
Posted

Did you have to have your documents Apostilled before the marriage? That's my issue with scheduling. Otherwise getting married in Thailand wouldn't be an issue.

Frank from Boston
Posted
Posted
On 11/22/2021 at 9:05 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

I understand how to do it. The issue (frustrating) is, aside from the scams, is just getting the appointment for apostille service. As I understand it, certain documents have to be apostilled before a legal marriage in my case, Thailand. Thank you for the link. Appointments available are months away. Unless, all documents can be apostilled afterwards than that is perfect. Marry me now and tell me if it's legit later lol

Youngster
Posted
Posted
On 12/2/2021 at 12:12 AM, Frank from Boston said:

Did you have to have your documents Apostilled before the marriage? That's my issue with scheduling. Otherwise getting married in Thailand wouldn't be an issue.

I don't know if this post was directed to me or not.  We took documents Hong Kong government required so that they could issue us a certificate so that we can get married there.  There was NO requirement to provide any document apostilled from the Philippines government. 

If you already have documents Thailand requires to get married, you should be all set.  You may also want to check with Philippines Embassy in Bangkok to see what documents you'll need to provide them so that they can process your marriage and forward info to Philippines Statistics Authority.  My understanding at the time was, it was a whole lot easier to just record your marriage at the Philippine Embassy than doing it yourselves after your return back to the Philippines.  I'm guessing you will need to have translation service done on some of your documents before and after the marriage, Thai to English and English to Thai.

• Like 1