Village idiot arrested and deported.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I just discovered than an aquaintence of mine has been arrested and detained. All above board and he fully deserved it but what an idiot. 

He arrived in country in 2018 and straight away stuck his head out by pointing out errors in the system here.  I'd advised him many times to be careful how he worded complaints as the locals will turn against him.  Sure enough he made his enemies but found a women, had a kid and settled down. 

Things were looking OK but few months back he started again this time naming names. Well his luck just ran out when he got a knock at the door.  He's now getting free accomodation at the BI Detention Centre.  

It turned out that he is a wanted fugitive and not good at hiding. He even had a Facebook account in his own name. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

https://immigration.gov.ph/images/News/2021_Yr/11_Nov/2021Nov17_Press.pdf

• Like 4

Clermont
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Sure enough he made his enemies but found a women, had a kid and settled down. 

Bloody fool, what happens to the Sheila and kid, do the American gov put their hand in the pocket to support them, after all he's an American, I'll bet not.

An OP the other day was talking about having to pay for a visa to stay in the country, it is only when you hear of something like this that you can understand where the BI is coming from and if you were sure they were going to get looked after, you'd understand their fees. 

Maybe before you get carried away and whisper sweet nothing into the ear of your next victim, remember it could be your flesh and blood your producing, take precautions. :xmas_girl:

• Like 4

graham59
Posted
Posted

Almost certainly somebody 'grassed him up'.

BI don't have the inclination or the manpower to hunt such minor offenders down. Of course if handed to them on a plate... that's different. 

Remember. LOW PROFILE people... idiots or not. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

BI don't have the inclination or the manpower to hunt such minor offenders down. Of course if handed to them on a plate... that's different. 

I disagree. They find many fugitives these days and no matter what they are wanted for.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I disagree. They find many fugitives these days and no matter what they are wanted for.

Well, you like disagreeing wih me, don't you.  Where's your evidence of them finding all these fugitives ? One each week posted to their Facebook ? lol 

Whatever. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Well, you like disagreeing wih me, don't you.  Where's your evidence of them finding all these fugitives ? One each week posted to their Facebook ? lol 

Whatever. 

Whatever your self. I  have my opinion and thats fine as you have yours. Where's your evidence to  say they  are not catching fugitives. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Looks like they are busy at the BI

22 November 2021
PRESS RELEASE 
BI arrests Chinese, Lebanese in back-to-back ops
TANQUE, Roxas City—The Bureau of Immigration (BI) announced the arrest of a Chinese man and a Lebanese man in separate operations in the cities of Roxas and Lapu-lapu.
BI Intelligence Chief Fortunato Manahan, Jr. reported the arrest of Chen Chuishi, 35, outside his residence at Brgy. Tanque, Roxas City.
Armed with a Mission Order issued earlier this month by BI Commissioner Jaime Morente, intelligence operatives from Region VI implemented the arrest against Chen, who was found to have an expired 9(g) visa.
Meanwhile, BI intelligence operatives from Region VII, on the same day arrested Lebanese Rabih El Acha Hassouneh, 43, in a restaurant in Basak, Lapu-lapu City.
A mission order was issued against Hassouneh for reportedly working without a proper visa and for overstaying.  He was said to have been caught in the act of preparing food orders for customers, but was unable to present any immigration documents.
Both were charged for violation of the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940 and will be transported to Manila to be temporarily held at the BI’s Warden Facility in Bicutan, Taguig City, pending the resolution of their deportation case.

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration/posts/262613542573092

• Like 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, graham59 said:

Whatever. 

5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Whatever your self.

Now, now boys tis the time to be jolly, if you's can't have personal opinions you'll be put in the naughty corner.  Actually they are catching more fugitives than ever before since they've started up these Asian summits and share information electronically. You'd be surprised what they know about you as you go through customs. And you'd be even more surprised what the local Barangay police captain knows about you if you come to their attention or not. :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:enjoy.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Here is an article with numbers and nationalities.

https://globalnation.inquirer.net/193317/bi-deports-more-than-3k-foreigners-in-2020

MANILA, Philippines — The Bureau of Immigration (BI) on Tuesday said over 3,000 aliens were deported in 2020 for violations of the Philippine immigration laws.

According to BI Commissioner Jaime Morente, out of the total 3,219 aliens who were deported last year, 3,009 were Chinese. Meanwhile, around 60 deportees were Vietnamese, 40 Koreans, 25 Americans,  20 Japanese,12 Indians, and five Pakistanis.

“Deported aliens are automatically placed in our blacklist, and are banned from re-entering the Philippines,” said Morente in a statement.

“Some of them are wanted fugitives whose arrest and deportation was sought by governments of the countries where they have been charged or convicted for various crimes,” he added.

Most of the deportees were rounded up due to various violations such as working without a permit, involvement in unauthorized online gaming operations, telecommunications fraud, economic crimes, investment scams, and cybercrime activities.

“We have arrested big batches of aliens in the past years through joint operations of BI operatives with other local law enforcement agencies,” said Morente.

However, the BI chief said that due to the Covid-19 pandemic, there were lower deportees in 2020 compared to the 6,000 aliens who were sent out in 2019.

“This was a result of travel restrictions imposed by the government, wherein a very little number of aliens were able to enter the country,” he said.

As of December 22, 2020, there were 276 aliens still detained and awaiting deportation at Camp Bagong Diwa in Taguig City.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Clermont said:

Bloody fool, what happens to the Sheila and kid, do the American gov put their hand in the pocket to support them, after all he's an American, I'll bet not.

I do not think the US would help until the arrested father turns old enough to collect social security.  And that assumes the child's birth was registered with the US consulate which seems unlikely.   

• Like 1