Anti-bodies and boosters

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

My wife is a semi hypocondriac (not an uncommon trait amongst Pinays of her generation I think :hystery:)

We both have been double jabbed, then we both had mild cases of c19 and are fully recovered. So if I understand things right, we should both be fairly if not immune then pretty well protected for future serious infection (until a new variant pops up of coarse :huh:)

So the question. To put her mind a bit more at ease I thought about getting antibody tests done. Has anyone taken one of these? If so where?

Also, getting a booster should just further protect us, right?

inquiring minds.jpg

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I am no medical expert so can't answer your question but I will definitely be in line when/if the booster shot is approved in the Philippines. 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I'll be receiving my booster Tuesday. 

According to Washington State DOH all over age 18 should get a booster shot after six months of a two course inoculation. Or two months if J&J inoculation. The vaccine may be "mixed" you are not required to use the same type vaccine as your initial shots.

Those that have been infected by covid should be vaccinated and get the booster.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just as an added point to the above (which I do not disagree with). there is a recently released preliminary paper that has early results saying strongly that boosting with one of the mRNA vaccines (ie Pfizer or Moderna) raises/enhances the effect more than boosting with Astra Zeneca or J&J.

And this applies even if one had Pfizer or Moderna for the first two doses... it's your call of course but personally I'll be looking for a mRNA booster in January (when I am eligible for a booster).

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Just as an added point to the above (which I do not disagree with). there is a recently released prelimanary paper that has early results saying strongly that boosting with one of the mRNA vaccines (ie Pfizer or Moderna) raises enhances the effect rather than boosting with Astra Zeneca or J&J.

And this applies even if one had Pfizer or Moderna for the first two doses... it's your call of course but personally I'll be looking for a mRNA booster in January (when I am eligible for a booster).

Whilst that makes sense, we here in the Philippines may not have the luxury of choosing which booster we get (if we get one at all),

• Like 3