Condos that allow medium sized dogs

KenM
Posted
Posted

Hi All,

I have begun working with a realtor looking for a condo or house to rent. I am being told that there are no condos that allow medium sized dogs. Does anyone know of any condos that make exceptions in this regard? My dog doesn't bark and doesn't do any damage. I keep her under control and she is friendly. There are a number of reasons I might prefer a condo including internet, power backup, amenities, security. And also in the future for buying. 

Thanks very much, Ken

IMG_1987.jpg

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ken, I'm sure you can find a condo or apartment that allows your dog. What's it's name?

What area are you looking?

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

KenM
Posted
Posted

Her name is Sakura as in Cherry Blossom. Technically she's Cherry Blossom Princess. 

Should I speak with a different realtor? The realtor has been unwilling to ask for exceptions. She says these rules are enforced in every condo building. But if anyone tells me about condos where they have seen larger dogs then that would be a big help.

I am thinking in or near IT park or Mactan Newtown. I want to be in reasonably safe area for walking the dog even at night, have the fastest and most stable internet, power backup - unless this isn't really necessary, security would be nice, and newer western style building quality. A hot tub and pool would also be great. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, KenM said:

I want to be in reasonably safe area for walking the dog even at night

I have walked many areas of Cebu at all hours of the day and night and do not recall anyone ever walking their dog along the way.  I wonder why that is.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have walked many areas of Cebu at all hours of the day and night and do not recall anyone ever walking their dog along the way.  I wonder why that is.

They must have known you were around! 

Only Joking! :tongue:

• Haha 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I did a google search "condo for rent Cebu City allow pets"  Here is one of the websites that shows some with pets so there must be others.

https://search.dotproperty.com.ph/searchRE/sort-0/op-2/q-condominium-pet-friendly-cebu?req_sgmt=REVTS1RPUDtTRU87U0VSUDs=

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have seen other foreigners walking dogs near us but I cannot ever recall seeing a Filipino walking a dog.  Maybe a culture thing?

• Like 1

KenM
Posted
Posted

The realtor says the issue isn't dogs but medium and large sized dogs. But I think I'll search places as suggested and send some emails on my own.

I have heard that people walk their dogs in the malls. Not many but a few at any time. It is a cultural thing. But the idea of "responsible" dog ownership is spreading.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, KenM said:

I have heard that people walk their dogs in the malls.

They certainly do - a bizarre concept I have to say.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 11/25/2021 at 10:01 AM, KenM said:

I am thinking in or near IT park or Mactan Newtown. I want to be in reasonably safe area for walking the dog even at night, have the fastest and most stable internet, power backup - unless this isn't really necessary, security would be nice, and newer western style building quality. A hot tub and pool would also be great.

I live in the IT park and can tell you no condos here allow animals.

• Like 1