Do Filipinos tend to be hypochondriacs?

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Having watched a few filipinas showering :whistling:  .  .  . you may be surprised.

Yes. Quite common and ordinary practice here with those living in poverty without what properly private bathing facilities. 

I remember quite well the first time I witnessed young women and children bathing openly at an outside pump with clothes on outside their minimal living shelters.

Having a sheltered bathing area is unfortunately still a luxury for far too many. 

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

Yes. Quite common and ordinary practice here with those living in poverty without what properly private bathing facilities. 

I remember quite well the first time I witnessed young women and children bathing openly at an outside pump with clothes on outside their minimal living shelters.

Having a sheltered bathing area is unfortunately still a luxury for far too many. 

Still quite common here in the Moalboal area.  Children will usually bath nude (girls may wear panties) but adults wear loose outer garments and scrub underneath.  Regardless of poverty and circumstance, I have found locals to take great care in keeping clean.  Having lived here 8+ years I cannot recall meeting a Filipino who had body odor. 

• Like 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike J said:

Regardless of poverty and circumstance, I have found locals to take great care in keeping clean.  Having lived here 8+ years I cannot recall meeting a Filipino who had body odor. 

Absolutely this - I just wish they took as much pride in their homes and gardens!  I will qualify that, I wish the better-off amongst them would take as much pride in their homes and gardens.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

Still quite common here in the Moalboal area.  Children will usually bath nude (girls may wear panties) but adults wear loose outer garments and scrub underneath.  Regardless of poverty and circumstance, I have found locals to take great care in keeping clean.  Having lived here 8+ years I cannot recall meeting a Filipino who had body odor. 

Spooky this should have appeared.  I had just finished my jog on Main beach, Boracay and was passing just outside the White House resort when a women in her 30s as brazen as anything whipped her top off and started washing her bits. She was quite big up top for a local. I've seen others with their backs to the shore washing wearing loose tops but this woman was looking straight at me and never had a care in the World.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I've seen others with their backs to the shore washing wearing loose tops but this woman was looking straight at me and never had a care in the World.

Advertising what she had available for rent perhaps?

• Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Spooky this should have appeared.  I had just finished my jog on Main beach, Boracay and was passing just outside the White House resort when a women in her 30s as brazen as anything whipped her top off and started washing her bits. She was quite big up top for a local. I've seen others with their backs to the shore washing wearing loose tops but this woman was looking straight at me and never had a care in the World.

Disgraceful.

Did you have to go and have a sit down to recover your composure ?  :mocking:

beach babeand partner.gif

• Haha 5

• 4 weeks later...
gerrysanders
Posted
Posted
On 12/2/2021 at 7:25 AM, jimeve said:

And they take a cold shower, does that not count?:56da64b375223_36_1_581: 

No, because the soap washes the germs away.

But rain......rain is different because you don't have the  soap.  :rain_80_anim_gif::gottarun_80_anim_gif:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Not mine. She's an LPN who has almost never missed a day of work. She has some odd health-related beliefs though. For instance, it's very unhealthy to go to bed with wet hair.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 12/2/2021 at 12:45 PM, hk blues said:

To be fair, getting wet can lower our body temperature making us more prone to colds and the flu.

Is that why a Filipino if walking in the rain puts one hand over their head. :laugh:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Is that why a Filipino if walking in the rain puts one hand over their head. :laugh:

They're practising for when they have an umbrella! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2