Tourists allowed in...posted 27 Nov. 2021

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

This article just popped up on my news feed. Very short, not many details. I will also post a question that was posted online, it seemed to be a very good question.

Philippines to reopen to some foreign tourists starting December 1 (msn.com)

MANILA — The Philippines will reopen its borders to some foreign tourists from December 1, government officials said on Friday.

Vaccinated foreigners from countries designated low risk by the Philippines for COVID-19 will be allowed entry over an initial 15-day period, Karlo Nograles, acting presidential spokesperson, told a regular news conference.

question posted:

Great start. But your say must have onward ticket. What about those that were here on tourist Visa and live here but are now trapped outside Philippines. They only want one way back to Philippines where they have lived for years. And will you allow them extend there Tourist Visa or kick them out in 29 days ?

• Thanks 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, scott h said:

What about those that were here on tourist Visa and live here but are now trapped outside Philippines.

Is Philippines on the "green" list? :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:

• Haha 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know if an onward ticket is required if coming in on a Balikayan visa ? :5795:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Does anyone know if an onward ticket is required if coming in on a Balikayan visa

Yes, BB visa is  a tourist visa

• Thanks 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Here is an article with a bit more info.

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1161029

MANILA – Fully vaccinated nationals of non-visa required countries will be allowed to enter the Philippines starting December 1, Acting Presidential Spokesperson and Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles announced on Friday.

In a press briefing, Nograles said the new guidelines, which were approved by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) in Resolution No. 150-A, shall take effect until December 15 but could be extended depending on the evaluation and monitoring of its implementation.

“Right now the IATF is just prepared to release a resolution that says up to December 15 pero ‘pag makita naman po natin na maganda ang implementation nito, ie-extend natin ang dates (but if we see that the implementation is good, we could extend the dates),” he said.

Under the resolution, holders of passports valid for at least six months at the time of arrival, and with a return or outbound ticket to their country of origin or next country of destination, will be allowed to enter the Philippines.

Nograles said prior to arrival in the Philippines, the foreigner should have stayed exclusively in "green" list countries, territories, or jurisdictions for 14 days.

Nograles said foreigners entering the country must present their proof of vaccination such as:

-World Health Organization's International Certificates of Vaccination and Prophylaxis

-VaxCertPH; or

-National or state digital certificate of the foreign government which has accepted VaxCertPH under a reciprocal arrangement unless otherwise permitted by the IATF.

Nograles said the passengers should have a negative reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test taken within 72 hours prior to departure and no longer need to observe facility-based quarantine and take another RT-PCR test upon arrival.

He said travelers merely transiting through non-green list territories are not considered having been there if they stayed in the airport the whole time and were not cleared for entry.

“The testing and quarantine protocols of minors shall follow the testing and quarantine protocol of the parent/guardian traveling with them,” the resolution read.

Those vaccinated but failed to comply with the test-before-travel requirements shall follow the protocols for unvaccinated individuals coming from green list countries.

They will be required to undergo facility-based quarantine until the release of a negative RT-PCR test taken on their fifth day in the Philippines and self-monitor until their 14th day of staying in the country.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

This is only for green list countries right... so anyone in a yellow list country (which is most countries) would have to fly to a green list country, stay there for 2 weeks, then fly to the Philippines (whilst holding an onward or return ticket).

Then if the country you were vaccinated in does not have a reciprical arrangement with the Philippines for VaxCertPH, and you can't get a WHO International Certificates of Vaccination and Prophylaxis (which I have but was unable to get endorsed by the Covid vaccination provider) then you're treated as unvaccinated upon arrival and have to quarantine.  

Plus you'd need to have a negative PCR test taken in the 'Green list' country within 72 hours of arrival in the Philippines.

That's a... lot :sad:

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Clermont said:

Does anyone know if an onward ticket is required if coming in on a Balikayan visa

I am confident that people coming in on a BB privilege are covered in this screenshot from the BI

temp.jpg

• Like 5

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm fairly certain I did not have a throw away and we did not travel int'l again until May 2017.

Throw away is "supposedly" required upon check in, remember BB is requested (at least in my experience" upon arrival. We traveled 6 times always had a return ticket, never had any problems but was always checked.

• Like 4

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, scott h said:

Throw away is "supposedly" required upon check in, remember BB is requested (at least in my experience" upon arrival. We traveled 6 times always had a return ticket, never had any problems but was always checked.

I have been in through customs (before Covid of course) 7 times over the last few years, the return ticket was checked most times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

That makes sense.  Maybe I did have one.

• Like 1