Taking photos of victims

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

This was posted on Facebook. An accident between a car and truck. Most were more interested in taking photos or videos than to help anyone. At one point near the end there was like 6 people in front of the car taking photos. At first it appears a man is dead but the army happened by and got him out and assisted him to an ambulance.

Why cant they try to help rather than record? It appeared the seat belt was jammed on the woman so she could not move, surly someone had a knife to cut it off?

The video is not really graphic, just a bit of blood so its ok to watch.

Why am I re posting it, because I found it disgusting that pictures of victims was more important.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

Such dumb morons are not just confined to the Philippines, but it does seem to have a generous helping of them.  :sad:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Why cant they try to help rather than record?

More and more we are hearing about this type of stuff happening all over the world. Women getting raped, people assualted and robbed.

can "almost" understand not intervening, but they a recording with a camera with a phone,,,and they wont even call authorities! Everyone is looking for the next "trending" photo.

There are times when I despair for the future. 

groan.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Viking
Posted
Posted

I am getting really mad when seeing things like this, and like others already said, it is not uncommon these days.

I dont have the answer to why people act this way, but have been told in many places , it is very easy to get  blamed for making the injuries worse, when you tried to help (especially as a rich foreigner). It can easily be questioned if you had the right medical qualifications to asess the situation in the right way.

I can see that there is a point in that, but most of the time I belive it is better to do something than doing nothing.  

• Like 3

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Lived in China for several years and this was super common.

So common in fact that a law was passed that people had to provide help to those who had been in accidents rather than record. The law was ignored and everyone continued to take videos for their click counts of small motor bike crashes, car crashes, bus crashes... what happened to people and their sense of care, duty and empathy for victims ?

• Sad 1

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Back in the United States, some states have a Good Samaritan Laws to protect ones that try and help

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Yeochief said:

Back in the United States, some states have a Good Samaritan Laws to protect ones that try and help

In the state of Victoria (Australia) there used to be Good Samaritan Laws, then someone challenged them in court (and won).  After that there was a period of about a decade where volunterring for local Red Cross and St. Johns first aid mobile vehicles (as used at local events) dropped away. 

The most common reason given was that people were concered about the lack of Good Samaratin Laws, eventually the state government passed a new (somewhat different) law and the drop off stalled (but numbers have not recovered to their previous levels).

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Here's another example of Fridays Talisay accident where 5 died and 15 injured. Not so much about not helping but bystanders taking photos of a body under a truck and other places.

• Sad 3

• 4 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

There was a terrible accident in Lubao on JASA road yesterday.  So far, 7 to 14 dead. many injured. Supposedly, a "mini-bus" (it looked like a medium size) lost it's brakes, plowed over trikes and a waiting stand before hitting a big concrete power pole.

Same old thing I think.  There were dozens of people watching but emergency services were on scene, so I'm not sure what efforts were made.  There is a very gruesome video on You Tube that I think was made by a passenger slowing passing in a bus.  Dead bodies all over.

And the dead bodies were right in front of a nursery we used to frequent when we were landscaping.  I hate that road.  So many bad accidents.  I won't drive it anymore unless forced to.  Four legitimate lanes with trucks, buses and cars going way too fast, them mixed in with trikes.

• Sad 2