Taking photos of victims

baronapart
Posted
Posted

There is also a fascination of taking photos of the dead at funerals or the dead waiting for processing by a funeral home. There was a kano who died a few years ago. His grief stricken partner took photos of him after death in the emergency room and plastered them on facebook and youtube. I told the boss if she did that to me I would haunt her for the rest of her life))

• Haha 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Supposedly, a "mini-bus" (it looked like a medium size)

Definitely not a minibus as we call a minibus it.

bus 2.jpeg

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I cut up all my wedding photos so I have no victim photos. :whistling: 

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

cut up all my wedding photos so I have no victim photos. 

best comment.jpg

• Haha 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Researchers have found that in more populated area's people often don't stop or offer to help because they assume that someone else has already done that or it is someone else's responsibility. In rural areas people are more likely to help because they know that if they don't do it no one else will. Plus there is more of a culture of helping each other in rural areas. A quick internet search did not find the study. But it make sense.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, earthdome said:

Researchers have found that in more populated area's people often don't stop or offer to help because they assume that someone else has already done that or it is someone else's responsibility. In rural areas people are more likely to help because they know that if they don't do it no one else will. Plus there is more of a culture of helping each other in rural areas. A quick internet search did not find the study. But it make sense.

Much the same as in many other countries I'd say.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, earthdome said:

Researchers have found that in more populated area's people often don't stop or offer to help because they assume that someone else has already done that or it is someone else's responsibility.

Might be so but this topic is about stopping to take pictures rather than helping so these people have stopped and for nothing more than capturing someone else's misery on camera.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Seems to be the way of the world these days.  Here is a link to our local news channel in Victoria, BC Canada where they show the entire video of a woman being run down by a car.  Very graphic.  I am not sure how long it will be available so take a quick look, its on the page I link to here:

https://www.cheknews.ca/vicpd-seek-driver-following-a-hit-and-run-of-pedestrian-931324/

• Sad 1

GMG_AFP_RhoVet
Posted
Posted
On 12/27/2021 at 10:42 AM, OnMyWay said:

There was a terrible accident in Lubao on JASA road yesterday.  So far, 7 to 14 dead. many injured. Supposedly, a "mini-bus" (it looked like a medium size) lost it's brakes, plowed over trikes and a waiting stand before hitting a big concrete power pole.

Same old thing I think.  There were dozens of people watching but emergency services were on scene, so I'm not sure what efforts were made.  There is a very gruesome video on You Tube that I think was made by a passenger slowing passing in a bus.  Dead bodies all over.

And the dead bodies were right in front of a nursery we used to frequent when we were landscaping.  I hate that road.  So many bad accidents.  I won't drive it anymore unless forced to.  Four legitimate lanes with trucks, buses and cars going way too fast, them mixed in with trikes.

There is a lot of that in your neighborhood.  For decades, there would be a headline (every 12-18 months or so) about a "flying bus" going off of the Zig-zag pass road.  Often reported internationally.  Seems to occur with the same frequency as ferry boat sinkings 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1