Child's Dual Citizen Question.

Youngster
Posted
Posted (edited)

Shortly after our son was born 2 years ago, we got him his Philippines Passport, and two years later, his CRBA and US Passport are on its way.  My question is, did he just lose his Philippines Citizenship, and his Philippines passport is no longer valid?  If so, I'm guessing he would need to go through the same process as adults to regain his Philippines citizenship?

Edited by Youngster
  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Gas
Posted
Posted

Both passports are still valid and he is a dual citizen. If leaving or entering the Philippines he can use his Filipino passport and his US when entering the US. 
Always carry both just in case . 

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Gas said:

Both passports are still valid and he is a dual citizen

Tru.  I just wanted to add a bit:

RA 9225 does not apply to dual citizens by birth.

http://www.chicagopcg.com/dual-faq.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Youngster said:

Shortly after our son was born 2 years ago, we got him his Philippines Passport, and two years later, his CRBA and US Passport are on its way.  My question is, did he just lose his Philippines Citizenship, and his Philippines passport is no longer valid?  If so, I'm guessing he would need to go through the same process as adults to regain his Philippines citizenship?

As others said, no issues for your son.

Question.  You had to go to the embassy to get the CRBA and passport, right?  Was it difficult to get appointment?

Wondering because I need to renew my 5 year olds passport, which requires as personal appearance.

Youngster
Posted
Posted
On 12/4/2021 at 2:10 PM, OnMyWay said:

As others said, no issues for your son.

Question.  You had to go to the embassy to get the CRBA and passport, right?  Was it difficult to get appointment?

Wondering because I need to renew my 5 year olds passport, which requires as personal appearance.

Not difficult at all.  As soon as the embassy received my packet, they set an appointment 3 weeks out.  Showed up at 7:30am and out by 9:30am, spending most of that 2 hours waiting to be called to several windows.

• Like 1