Booster shots

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Getting a Pfizer on 18 December 2021 from the United States VA in Manila.  I had the Johnson and Johnson vaccine back  in July 2021.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but it depends on the vaccine on how long you have to wait for the booster.  

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Yeochief said:

Getting a Pfizer on 18 December 2021 from the United States VA in Manila.  I had the Johnson and Johnson vaccine back  in July 2021.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but it depends on the vaccine on how long you have to wait for the booster.  

Jack Walker of RAO Subic posted this chart, which I assume is correct.  My first two were AZ, so I would prefer a booster to be AZ, but I have not heard much about AZ availability lately, in our area.  Mostly Pfizer.

263114294_10217825282018441_4732217324288757860_n.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Yeochief said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it depends on the vaccine on how long you have to wait for the booster.  

According to this article you can get the booster six months after your previous vaccination(s).  Three months if Johnson and Johnson

https://www.rappler.com/nation/philippines-allows-adults-receive-covid-19-vaccine-booster-shot/

Recommended-sched-2.jpg?fit=1024%2C720

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

If it's free I'll be having it !  :mocking:

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, graham59 said:

If it's free I'll be having it !  :mocking:

Maybe they will throw in two kilo of rice and a can of sardines. :hystery:

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 12/4/2021 at 10:59 PM, Huggybearman said:

I haven’t heard any information from the local DOH regarding booster shots though. 

https://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/33188-booster-shots/?do=findComment&comment=306359

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Neither my wife nor I will get the booster. I had the Phizer last April and my wife had moderna last may. We will not let our daughter, soon to turn 4, get any covid vaccine.

• Sad 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted

I think it's a good idea for those who already have the initial vaccination.  I will get the booster when it's available.

• Like 4

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Australia have just reduced the booster wait from 6 months to 5 months which makes me eligible now.

I've been watching the booking slots waiting for the January ones to come online and there was lots of available December slots.

Tonight (while I was at at Radio Club Christmas dinner) the government announced the reduction in wait time, I found out when I got home in the evening and already 90% of available time slots were booked for the next two weeks.

I managed to get one of the last two slots left for the 16th of December so I'll be getting my booster then.

It looks like a lot of people are keen to get them by the way the booking slots filled up so quickly.

• Like 3