Booster shots

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, earthdome said:

Neither my wife nor I will get the booster. I had the Phizer last April and my wife had moderna last may. We will not let our daughter, soon to turn 4, get any covid vaccine.

Majority of US parents with children 5-11 are on the fence about the vaccine. A wrought iron fence. With sharp, pointy stakes. Which they are dangling their children over.

https://abc7.com/covid-vaccine-children-kaiser-family-foundation-survey-parents-poll/11317939/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

"

"We're seeing this horrible trend of hospitalizations in kids because of COVID-19," said Dr. Ilan Shapiro, the medical director of health education at AltaMed.

"

Edited to add: Yes, the kid is 4 and wouldn't qualify for a jab anyway. But it's an unnecessary risk and endangers her welfare for parents to not get boosters.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Sad 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

Majority of US parents with children 5-11 are on the fence about the vaccine. A wrought iron fence. With sharp, pointy stakes. Which they are dangling their children over.

https://abc7.com/covid-vaccine-children-kaiser-family-foundation-survey-parents-poll/11317939/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

"

"We're seeing this horrible trend of hospitalizations in kids because of COVID-19," said Dr. Ilan Shapiro, the medical director of health education at AltaMed.

"

Edited to add: Yes, the kid is 4 and wouldn't qualify for a jab anyway. But it's an unnecessary risk and endangers her welfare for parents to not get boosters.

Sorry, but we have reached the conclusion that the vaccine is an unnecessary risk

You and your family should be free to make your decision on what medical procedures are best for you as I and my family should be also free to do. Regarding our daughter, we have reached the decision that the risk of side effects from a new vaccine without any long term testing and very little short term testing is greater than her risk of harm from covid.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Peaceful John said:

I think it's a good idea for those who already have the initial vaccination.  I will get the booster when it's available.

It is available in the Philippines if its six months since your second dose.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

It is available in the Philippines if its six months since your second dose.

If a person really, really wants a booster faster. They can always go to a neighboring city, say that you are not Jabbed and get your "1st" dose there. 

With the lack of a central data base, and the push to get shots in arms almost a certainty a person can get it.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, scott h said:

If a person really, really wants a booster faster. They can always go to a neighboring city, say that you are not Jabbed and get your "1st" dose there. 

With the lack of a central data base, and the push to get shots in arms almost a certainty a person can get it.

Not quite true. Several people were charged with doing what you say. There is a database and to get a jab you have to register first and then when getting vaccinated they check. You have to have ID etc so its pretty much worked out.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You have to have ID etc so its pretty much worked out.

Heh heh,,,whelp, I might be single soon then,,,my wife talked to her batchmate, who got her an "ID" that showed her residence as her batchmates. Then the batchmate called her cousin who worked at the jab site, and it was all "fixed" (oh and it didnt matter that as a senior she would get front of the line privilege at the place I got jabbed at :571c66d400c8c_1(103)::whistling:).

This is the PI after all lolol

So if there is a data base,,hmmmm, 

arrest.jpg

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, earthdome said:

Sorry, but we have reached the conclusion that the vaccine is an unnecessary risk

You and your family should be free to make your decision on what medical procedures are best for you as I and my family should be also free to do. Regarding our daughter, we have reached the decision that the risk of side effects from a new vaccine without any long term testing and very little short term testing is greater than her risk of harm from covid.

Not sure where you got your info. The vaccine has been thoroughly tested and fully approved in the US. That's not the old-news "conditional" approval- it's full-on normal approval. The disease is far riskier than the vaccine. Please try to understand that you could serve as a Petri dish for more mutations and help it to spread more. You are helping to keep international travel restricted. That is what I really don't like.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Guy F. said:
9 hours ago, earthdome said:

Not sure where you got your info. The vaccine has been thoroughly tested and fully approved in the US. That's not the old-news "conditional" approval- it's full-on normal approval. The disease is far riskier than the vaccine. Please try to understand that you could serve as a Petri dish for more mutations and help it to spread more. You are helping to keep international travel restricted. That is what I really don't like.

Each of you have made what you feel is the best choice for your families.  Let's end the debate at this point so we do not head down the rabbit hole that consumed the forum prior to the change in rules.  Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, scott h said:

Heh heh,,,whelp, I might be single soon then,,,my wife talked to her batchmate, who got her an "ID" that showed her residence as her batchmates. Then the batchmate called her cousin who worked at the jab site, and it was all "fixed" (oh and it didnt matter that as a senior she would get front of the line privilege at the place I got jabbed at :571c66d400c8c_1(103)::whistling:).

This is the PI after all lolol

So if there is a data base,,hmmmm, 

arrest.jpg

Sure, we know where we are and how things can be done here but...

For me, getting the vaccine was not just about protecting myself or others, but also ensuring I didn't have problems in future accessing places. I'd hate to think I cheated the system only to find out that I wasn't registered as fully vaxxed sometime in the future.

No way I'd take the risk.

• Like 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

May be an image of text

• Like 1
  • Haha 4