Safety Outside the Expat Fortresses

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 12/8/2021 at 12:46 PM, hk blues said:

A fair percentage of facebook posters only post to show what they have - a strategically draped hand with an expensive watch, the nice big TV in the background etc etc.  

I'm not suggesting at all your wife is like that by the way.

She just shows her flowers rarely does she post any wealthy items.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 12/8/2021 at 9:45 PM, Eddie1 said:

Having been out drinking with you on more than enough occasions I feel it's fair to say that you certainly got the last part off to an art form ya bloody tightarse!      :hystery: :thumbsup::hystery:

Yes well you`re the one with short arms and deep pockets, when is the last time you shared your Calimansi.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 12/5/2021 at 9:36 PM, Snowy79 said:

From my experience safety isn't that much of an issue it's theft by guests, even stupid items. 

I guess that's true anywhere.  They say 90% of all burglaries are perpetrated by people the homeowners know.  Friends, acquaintances stop by and see stuff in your house they like...   Decide to visit later on the sly to make off with your treasures.

Edited by Maxheadspace

softail
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Maxheadspace said:

I guess that's true anywhere.  They say 90% of all burglaries are perpetrated by people the homeowners know.  Friends, acquaintances stop by and see stuff in your house they like...   Decide to visit later on the sly to make off with your treasures.

Perhaps that is why we need to be a little more picky about the people we consider as friends

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, softail said:

Perhaps that is why we need to be a little more picky about the people we consider as friends

Or the wife's visitors "bring alongs". 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Maxheadspace said:

Maybe so, but If I though that the figure was as high as that, I'd be taking a look at myself and my judgement of who comes into my place!

I'm not being completely serious here, but...

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, softail said:

Some are very good at hiding their true self as I'm sure many that have tried online dating find out.

I've caught a caretaker out who was recommended to me by my landlord who had used her for a few years. First time she stole a few hundred peso from a cupboard and after kicking her out caught her trying to sneak into my house when I left one day.

Then there's the workers who fit added security to your homes. :whistling:

• Like 2