Aircon cleaning

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

About 3 weeks ago I moved out of a condo where I lived for 5 years. Now trying to get the deposit back the landlord wants to deduct for aircon cleaning. I regularly cleaned the filters but am I responsible for a complete aircon clean because I moved out?

• Hmm thinking 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

About 3 weeks ago I moved out of a condo where I lived for 5 years. Now trying to get the deposit back the landlord wants to deduct for aircon cleaning. I regularly cleaned the filters but am I responsible for a complete aircon clean because I moved out?

Wow, so in the five years you was there did the landlord pay for a complete air con clean, plus when does the system need a complete clean , just wondering .

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Wow, so in the five years you was there did the landlord pay for a complete air con clean, plus when does the system need a complete clean , just wondering .

About 2 years ago it had a problem and not working well. We got it fixed and cleaned at owners expense but it has not been done since except for cleaning filters. (Window type). My point well at least in Australia at the end of a lease I was never asked to pay for aircon cleaning so not sure why I am here. It's only 500 so will let it go but to me its a fixture belonging to the owner so her responsibility.

Don't recall seeing it on the lease saying at end aircon to be cleaned at tenants expense.

:89:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

No one get's a deposit refunded in Philippines.

Never.

Ever.

End of subject. 

3C55A10C-B994-4871-8981-772ADC2B841C.jpeg

• Haha 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Old55 said:

Hmmm.  Except me.  I got back every one I ever gave, with occasional small deductions for things like aircon cleaning LOL

• Hmm thinking 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Never.

Ever.

End of subject. 

You might forget but I am renting from friends of yours which one is a Filipina/American so I would have thought western thinking to some degree. :smile:

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I'd forgotten about that Tom. 

Dave, sarcastic humor. Am pleased you got a refund.

• Haha 1

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Jolly, I think it ridiculous that the landlord would charge for that since the AC belongs to the landlord and nothing was specified in the lease.  How much does he want to charge you?  I think I would consider bringing the dispute to the barangay captain as there seems to be no basis to charge this to you.  My thoughts my friend. 

Edited by Peaceful John
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Peaceful John said:

Jolly, I think it ridiculous that the landlord would charge for that since the AC belongs to the landlord and nothing was specified in the lease.  How much does he want to charge you?  I think I would consider bringing the dispute to the barangay captain as there seems to be no basis to charge this to you.  My thoughts my friend. 

Yes I have never heard of a tenant paying for it before but might be different here and yes it should be stated in the lease. It's only 500 so I am letting it go. Im sure they will find it needs re gassing or replacing as it wasn't working that well and 2 years ago it had to be repaired as the gas was leaking which l think it might be again. As long as they dont charge me for that I will forget about it as our relationship with the landlady has soured since she mistakenly believed l owed rent until we proved her wrong and she had to apologise.

She is meant to return the deposit this Wednesday but she wants to give a check and l asked for direct deposit into our bank but she seems to not be talking to me and did not reply.

I will let my partner sort it out otherwise I'm likely to say something which will cause more problems.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
On 12/9/2021 at 2:35 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

I understand it is a bit late for you, but otherwise, would it not be possible to use the deposit to pay for the last month/ months rent?

Curious to know. :tiphat:

• Like 1