Aircon cleaning

Clermont
Posted
Posted

We're in about the same position, the wifes son is about to move into his new house and the old lady were he's renting has never given a tenant a refund to date. I suggested not paying for the last months rent and was howled down, dishonest, then I said, " May be she'll die before you move out and you can cut the last months rent out." I'm not doing too good on the love life at the moment, but thank god they have short memories and don't hold much of a grudge. :28: Arr well not long until this fellow turns up and all will be forgotten. :cheersty: 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Viking said:

I understand it is a bit late for you, but otherwise, would it not be possible to use the deposit to pay for the last month/ months rent?

Curious to know. :tiphat:

Nice idea but wouldn't be accepted by a landlord. The point of the deposit is to have something to be able to deduct any damage etc from when the lease expires. 

That said, and I'm contradicting myself here, on the place we rented the landlord did accept that as the logistics of getting the deposit money to us seemed beyond them.

• Like 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Nice idea but wouldn't be accepted by a landlord. The point of the deposit is to have something to be able to deduct any damage etc from when the lease expires. 

That said, and I'm contradicting myself here, on the place we rented the landlord did accept that as the logistics of getting the deposit money to us seemed beyond them.

Ok, I kind of thought it would be like that.

I can understand that the landlord want some "insurance" to cover unexpected damages, but at the same time I think it is theft, if they don't repay if there is no damages.

Only thing to do is to make sure they have nothing to complain about, but I suppose they can always find something, hahaha.

If it's only 500 p, like in JGF:s case, I understand it's not much to argue about but if it's 30 000 p, I would not be happy loosing that because of some bs reason.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Viking said:

I understand it is a bit late for you, but otherwise, would it not be possible to use the deposit to pay for the last month/ months rent?

Probably would not have worked in my case as in this building a form to move out has to be signed by the unit owner and given to admin office along with a list of things one will be taking with them so if I did not pay my rent it could have been hard to move even though I only moved from tower two over to tower one.

Anyway I did not pay anything for the last month as I was one month in advance from previous payment.

• Like 2

Heeb
Posted
Posted

I just paid for 3 A/C units to be cleaned, it was deducted from the deposit.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 12/12/2021 at 3:12 PM, Viking said:

Ok, I kind of thought it would be like that.

I can understand that the landlord want some "insurance" to cover unexpected damages, but at the same time I think it is theft, if they don't repay if there is no damages.

Only thing to do is to make sure they have nothing to complain about, but I suppose they can always find something, hahaha.

If it's only 500 p, like in JGF:s case, I understand it's not much to argue about but if it's 30 000 p, I would not be happy loosing that because of some bs reason.

Yep.

When I was in Hong Kong I paid a deposit 3 times (twice for the same apartment) and never had any issue getting my money back at all.  In fact, for the 1st one the Landlord repaid the deposit when I handed in the keys and didn't even check the place first!  That said, he owned all 4 apartments on that floor and each was valued at $1m  or so so I guess the odd $6,000 wasn't worth his time.  

I'm less sure I'd have as much success here getting all my money back.

Gas
Posted
Posted
On 12/11/2021 at 8:42 PM, Viking said:

Normal procedure here if you are not renting in some upscale sub division or Condo. Landlords hate giving money back, as they feel the deposit belongs to them!  

Just asked a couple of the guys that work for me and they always use the deposit to pay the last months rent before moving. 

Viking
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Gas said:

Normal procedure here if you are not renting in some upscale sub division or Condo. Landlords hate giving money back, as they feel the deposit belongs to them!  

Just asked a couple of the guys that work for me and they always use the deposit to pay the last months rent before moving. 

Hmmm, it sounds like people are having different experiences about this.

Some say impossible and you say normal procedure :89:

It is more fun in the Philippines :wink:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Viking said:

If it's more of a casual arrangement I guess anything goes but I'm pretty sure for the higher-end rentals things are more strictly managed.  As I said, I was able to do it but only because the landlord was not around and it was easier for us all to do it that way.  This was NOT a high-end rental though.

Anything and everything may work.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Viking said:

I think it also depends on how well a lease contract is written. If handled by an agent or owner with a lot of leasing experience it would be different than mom and pop who perhaps rent out one place, shake hands and basically no written contract.

• Like 1