Omicron. A blessing in disguise?

Heeb
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, earthdome said:

My condolences on the loss of your father. Very sad how the elderly are being treated when close to passing.

Thanks, my dad liked to be around people so it was especially hard I think. Because of the covid fog he was confused and it must have been torture. The staff said he wouldn't know who was there in the room anyway but he most certainly did. I patched in through video messenger and he was very pleased and knew who I was despite the tiny phone screen. My mom thinks he was waiting for someone to show up before he died.

• Like 3

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Heeb said:

Thanks, my dad liked to be around people so it was especially hard I think. Because of the covid fog he was confused and it must have been torture. The staff said he wouldn't know who was there in the room anyway but he most certainly did. I patched in through video messenger and he was very pleased and knew who I was despite the tiny phone screen. My mom thinks he was waiting for someone to show up before he died.

You have my sympathy. I've read that Covid-19 is a miserable way to go.

• Thanks 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Heeb said:

My dad died from covid last Friday.

Please accept my condolences.  So very sad for all concerned. 

• Thanks 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Hmm. A disease that is so mild they cannot even test for it?  Sounds like a world wide pandemic that should shut everything down and destroy the economy. (Sarcasm intended)

At what point will things get back to normal and the world admit that we are stuck with Covid variants for many years to come?  I am getting tired of the restrictions that do absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

It's more complicated than you realize. The virus characteristic which triggers a positive test has nothing to do with how severe the disease is.

• Hmm thinking 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
On 12/16/2021 at 6:03 AM, Heeb said:

My deepest sympathy for your loss Heeb :sad:

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Read an article in todays paper (sorry, can not find it in the online edition to post a link)

It basically says the virus settles in the throat tissues, so it is more transmittable, but does not settle in the lungs in "most" cases.....good news I hope

• Like 5

Viking
Posted
Posted
On 12/15/2021 at 8:03 PM, Heeb said:

Sorry for your loss.

My condolences.

• Thanks 1