PAL aircraft skids off runway at Mactan airport

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

No details but it may be related to the recent heavy rain?

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1526292/pal-aircraft-skids-off-runway-in-mactan-cebu-airport

CEBU CITY— An aircraft of the Philippine Airlines (PAL) skidded off the runway of the Mactan Cebu International Airport (MCIA) at past 11 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 10, 2021.

All 34 passengers and crew members were safe, said Mary Ann Dimabayao, the information officer of MCIA.

Based on the investigation, the Philippine Airline Flight PR 2369, which came from Caticlan, landed at the MCIA runway and left the paved surface toward a grassy portion of the runway.

“Safe retrieval and removal of the aircraft from the runway is ongoing,” Dimabayao said.

The incident has caused the delay of flights at the MCIA.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

No details but it may be related to the recent heavy rain?

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1526292/pal-aircraft-skids-off-runway-in-mactan-cebu-airport

CEBU CITY— An aircraft of the Philippine Airlines (PAL) skidded off the runway of the Mactan Cebu International Airport (MCIA) at past 11 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 10, 2021.

All 34 passengers and crew members were safe, said Mary Ann Dimabayao, the information officer of MCIA.

Based on the investigation, the Philippine Airline Flight PR 2369, which came from Caticlan, landed at the MCIA runway and left the paved surface toward a grassy portion of the runway.

“Safe retrieval and removal of the aircraft from the runway is ongoing,” Dimabayao said.

The incident has caused the delay of flights at the MCIA.

I bet that stopped them singing.:whistling:My bad I was thinking of Cebu Pacific.

• Haha 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Perhaps had the standard 'treadless' local tyres ? :89:

• Haha 2