Gov't beefs up monitoring of foreign retirees in PH

Freebie
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Not correct info, if one has a SRRV one does not need an exit clearance. One does need a clearance from the PRA which can be done on line.

Correct. Its a one minute process though very intrusive and invasive. in that they want name passport no flight details etc.. When complete hit confirm and Travel Authority ( i think thats what its called ) is auto sent to your  email address . Its valid for 30 days. From what I hear no one in Immigration is asking SRRV visa holders for it... so its just another piece of useless bureaucracy designed to fill a purpose thats long since out of date.  But of course if you dont do it, its guaranteed that you will get the Immigration officer who insists you show it to him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I have noticed that locals seem to love the idea of getting a fixer - maybe it makes them feel part of the "elite"?

An example is my American neighbour with his Filipino wife. Their default position is to use a fixer for stuff that really doesn't need it - their Covid shots being an example as they shots were readily available to all.

They paid around 25K to organise his 13a even though it really can be done alone.  Worse still, they (probably she) insisted on using the same fixer for his Annual Report!  I strongly advised them it was absolutely not necessary as he had to attend in person either way.  

We chatted about this and I had to resists laughing when she said it was better to always use a fixer as you cannot trust people here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 3/2/2022 at 2:08 PM, RBM said:

Not correct info, if one has a SRRV one does not need an exit clearance. One does need a clearance from the PRA which can be done on line.

If any readers require the services of a (in my experience)  an efficient trustworthy wonderful lady please message me. I could not of believed how efficient she was.

You're playing word games RBM. What I said WAS true.  Exit clearance is exit clearance, no matter what you want to call it.  But to satisfy you, EVERYONE must get clearance from the PRA before they depart the country.  If you try to leave the country without it, you will be denied.  BDM, are you related to this Agency/Agent you are advertising?  Please give us the name of this "free" agency so everyone can get this help without a fee. :thumbsup:

Edited by Peaceful John

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

They paid around 25K to organise his 13a even though it really can be done alone.  Worse still, they (probably she) insisted on using the same fixer for his Annual Report!  I strongly advised them it was absolutely not necessary as he had to attend in person either way.  

If you are a senior you do not have to appear in person.  You can designate a representative by using a limited power of attorney.  And it does not need to be a fixer, my wife has done mine for me the past three years.   The only fee she charges me is lunch. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

If you are a senior you do not have to appear in person.  You can designate a representative by using a limited power of attorney.  And it does not need to be a fixer, my wife has done mine for me the past three years.   The only fee she charges me is lunch. :thumbsup:

But he's nowhere near being a senior, younger than me in fact.  

• Like 1

Gas
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, hk blues said:

I have noticed that locals seem to love the idea of getting a fixer - maybe it makes them feel part of the "elite"?

I don't think locals or even foreigners love the idea of using a fixer.  

Someone picked up one of my vehicles for its yearly road worthy :whistling: inspection and registration at the LTO on Monday. On Wednesday he dropped of the paperwork and i paid him a small fee for his services. He is well known in our town and has a lot of customers.

I also used someone last week to apply for a license at the BIR  to print some more receipt booklets. Again I paid a small fee. 

Would you class them as a fixers or someone who is providing a service? 

Edited by Gas
  • Like 2

Viking
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

The only fee she charges me is lunch. :thumbsup:

That's what you think 🤣

Joke lang:thumbsup:

• Haha 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Mike J said:

Mike, you are leaving yourself wide open for unsavoury comment there. I will pass at the moment.

RBM
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Peaceful John said:

You're playing word games RBM. What I said WAS true.  Exit clearance is exit clearance, no matter what you want to call it.  But to satisfy you, EVERYONE must get clearance from the PRA before they depart the country.  If you try to leave the country without it, you will be denied.  BDM, are you related to this Agency/Agent you are advertising?  Please give us the name of this "free" agency so everyone can get this help without a fee. :thumbsup:

Sorry if I gave the impression of advertising, no where did I give any contact details. As said if anyone wants details just PM me. I am happy to recommend her.  No I am not related to the marketeer just obtained her details on FB as we both have a similar sporting interest.

I was trying to explain having a correct marketeer makes life a lot easier. I had a wonderful experience as I made on line payments which the PRA could not find, this woman sorted it and other matters out.

The marketeer is free to the client as has been explained.

Freebie has explained the exit part so I am not going there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2