What if you test positive during quarantine?

Viking
Posted
Posted

Lets say you go to Philippines and then test positive at the last test before being released from quarantine. What happens then?

I read somewhere that you will be transported to a medical facility.

Does that mean a hospital or is it just like a "camp" with other positive people? Most infected gets very mild symptoms that is not necessary to treat at a hospital but I suppose that does not matter in this case.

Anyway it would not be fun to start our time in the country with a huge bill from the hospital if not really necessary.

Do anyone of you have any info about this?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Viking said:

Dont quote me on this, but I seem to recall that if a person test positive while in a Q hotel, they will then be transported to a Govt quarantine facility for monitoring, unless the require hospitalization of course. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, scott h said:

Dont quote me on this

:56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Viking said:

I believe that is true.  The URL to referenced PDF is 44 pages long so I have not attached it.  If you do choose to read it states that quarantine is used for people who may have been exposed.  Isolation, as opposed to quaratine, is used where the person has tested positive for covid.  Isolation will involve either a facility (like a camp or school) or medical facility if warranted by symptoms.

https://doh.gov.ph/sites/default/files/health-update/dm2020-0439.pdf

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

In Angeles City they have a row of white-painted small  (20 ton type) containers to put your feet up in for a couple of weeks.  :unsure:

• Like 4

Viking
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike J said:

I believe that is true.  The URL to referenced PDF is 44 pages long so I have not attached it.  If you do choose to read it states that quarantine is used for people who may have been exposed.  Isolation, as opposed to quaratine, is used where the person has tested positive for covid.  Isolation will involve either a facility (like a camp or school) or medical facility if warranted by symptoms.

https://doh.gov.ph/sites/default/files/health-update/dm2020-0439.pdf

That´s what I was looking for. :tiphat:

From your link:

All suspect, probable, and confirmed cases shall be isolated in the proper facility depending on the severity of symptoms. Asymptomatic confirmed and mild cases shall be admitted and isolated in Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facilities (TTMFs). Moderate cases shall be isolated and managed in Level 1 or Level 2 hospitals. Severe and critical cases shall be isolated and managed in Level 2 or Level 3 hospitals. Step-down care and proper inter-health facility referral system shall be applied to all cases whenever applicable.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Viking said:

Lets say you go to Philippines and then test positive at the last test before being released from quarantine. What happens then?

That may be the least of your worries.  I refer you to former member Jim Sibbick.  Back in the beginning of lockdowns people were not allowed out of their hotels.  Jim was stuck in the Century Hotel, Cebu as I understand it.  He had no symptoms of Covid, to my knowledge, but he did have diabetes.  It is said they would not let him out of the hotel to go see a doctor about it and he died in the hotel from complications of diabetes.  Jim is no longer with us for me to ask him how accurate that is, but it is definitely a warning to me about the lack of logical response in the Philippines.  I wonder if he would have been allowed to see a doctor if he had covid symptoms.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It is said they would not let him out of the hotel to go see a doctor

Sadly Dave, during the height of the crisis this type of thing seemed to have happened quite often. We will probably, with the state of record keeping here, never know exactly how many. But there were many stories of non-covid cases would travel from hospital to hospital trying to get help. They were either turned away or had to wait in the street for hours for treatment. There were even pictures in the paper about folks getting oxygen in their cars...tank outside, tube going through the car window.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That may be the least of your worries.  I refer you to former member Jim Sibbick.  Back in the beginning of lockdowns people were not allowed out of their hotels.  Jim was stuck in the Century Hotel, Cebu as I understand it.  He had no symptoms of Covid, to my knowledge, but he did have diabetes.  It is said they would not let him out of the hotel to go see a doctor about it and he died in the hotel from complications of diabetes.  Jim is no longer with us for me to ask him how accurate that is, but it is definitely a warning to me about the lack of logical response in the Philippines.  I wonder if he would have been allowed to see a doctor if he had covid symptoms.

Not sure why as it was always stated that people could visit doctors for treatment.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 12/13/2021 at 4:25 PM, Viking said:

Going back a bit they used to take you out the back, tie you to a tree and burn you alive to kill all covid traces. Well thats what I heard anyway :whistling:

• I'm Confused 1