December Typhoon....

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Our house in Moalboal is setting right under that middle typhoon marker.  Max wind gusts to 269 km/h.  :Caught:

image.png

• Sad 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Our house in Moalboal is setting right under that middle typhoon marker.  Max wind gusts to 269 km/h.  :Caught:

image.png

Stay safe!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

image.png

Stay safe Mike.

Our immediate family live in Talisay just south of Cebu City. We are concerned .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

It looks very strong, but the one good thing is that it is moving very fast now, at 28 kph.  Looking at Windy.com, it appears that it will pass from Bohol over Cebu island very quickly, around midnight.  It appears what the eye will pass very near to Inabanga, Bohol, my wife's home town.  We know several people there including a BIL.

Praying for everyone's safety!  Take cover tonight!

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

image.png

24 months ago the eye of Yolanda passed over my city (Roxas). What happens to you often depends upon your house type and location. If in the eye, you can expect horizontal rain from one direction, a dead lull (ours was about 60 minutes) and then a resumption of the same wind force from the opposite direction. 

Even though we are north of the eye this time, everything will go into plastic bags, and the bedding fully protected since the house is not fully typhoon proof designed. Anything left unsecured outside will 'fly away' and disappear. Last time we had no power for only 10 days, but the time before (2012 or 2013) in the eye again, it took 2 months before we had electricity again. 

Hoping for the best.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Windy.com now has the eye landing in Carcar at about 11 pm.  Cebu City is probably starting to see high winds?

Stay safe!

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Cat 5 as it crashes into Surigao, expected to hit Negros Oriental sometime 12 midnight. Floods expected.

• Sad 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Mike J said:

image.png

Bunker down Mike, I’ve went through two super typhoon direct eye passages when I was stationed in Guam, I was in a “typhoon proof” home with typhoon windows. I watched other peoples roofs and cars blowing across a field behind our house. Rain will go sideways and come in through every crack so put some towels down. I hope it weakens before landfall.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Windy.com now has the eye landing in Carcar at about 11 pm.  Cebu City is probably starting to see high winds?

Stay safe!

Yes wet and windy now. Power out but in my case we have a generator. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

24 months ago the eye of Yolanda passed over my city (Roxas).

24 months ago ?????????????????????????? My girlfriend survived Yolanda and we have been together about 5 years and yolanda was before I knew her. 

• Like 1