Tourist Visas - Preparation

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

With tourist visas coming very soon  (not my words but BOI), I started doing some planning all be it on Skyscanner and it seems the best way the best and most economical way back for me, is to get to Singapore and from there go to Cebu, then further flights internally from Cebu.

Being double vaccinated of course I will have to quarantine in Cebu, but for how long?

Is there a list of approved hotels in Cebu?

My idea is to stay away from Manila wherever possible, am I being too paranoid? Not much choice anyway as there are no direct flights from Australia at the moment anyway.

Cheers

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

My idea is to stay away from Manila wherever possible, am I being too paranoid? Not much choice anyway as there are no direct flights from Australia at the moment anyway.

We're looking at heading over but i've looked at what's going on and I think March/ April might be a better time. Your right, Singapore is the cheapest way back, but when it opens up you'll have more options and it's not that far off. :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681: 

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I was thinking February/March but that might stretch out to April and I was also thinking of transiting via Singapore.

I confess I hadn't thought of avoiding Manila and coming in via Cebu but that's an option too I guess.

I hope you're right when you say it's not too far off.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here is a URL that goes to a 13 page list (PDF) of hotels in Cebu City where you are allowed to quarantine.   You need to have a pre-booked reservation to show the airline and upon arrival.

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/~/media/files/coronavirus/travelrulesandrestrictions/arrivingintheph/11_ceb hotel list_21sep21.pdf?la=en

As for how long, that has changed a number of times.  I "think" the latest regulation has it as a minimum of five days in a hotel, a negative test, followed by ten days "at home quarantine".  Without a "home" in Cebu City this may mean 10 more days in the hotel?  

If you then fly out of Cebu City there will probably be requirements both to fly and upon arrival at the LGU when you get to your final destination.

Of course requirements can and do change on a frequent basis.   As does the list of green, yellow, and red countries.

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mike, it looks like it is going in the too hard basket for me.

• Sad 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

No simple answer but I'd fully expect after the New Year to be reading of the first Omicron case in the Philippines due to the return of OFW for the Xmas period then it's all systems change.

Unless you can book a refundable ticket I'd not book and remember they usually limit how many incoming passengers per day, as for hotels best just to put a shout out on a few of the Facebook sites for recommendations as I've seen a few horror stories and a few good ones. 

• Like 4

graham59
Posted
Posted

The way things are going... may as well build a raft, start sailing, and claim asylum when you get here.  :no:

Transpo to Phils.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
Flower123
Posted
Posted

Can you even travel to the Philippines without a 9a VISA I am coming from The Netherlands and what I know is that as long as you stay no longer than 30 days you do not need a VISA is that true ? 

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Flower123 said:

Can you even travel to the Philippines without a 9a VISA I am coming from The Netherlands and what I know is that as long as you stay no longer than 30 days you do not need a VISA is that true ? 

You cannot enter The Philippines without a 9a visa.  Before COVID, the tourist visa on arrival was how most entered the country, this is no longer the case.  You must have a visa for any entry at all no matter the length of time you want to stay.  There's been numerous cases of people being turned around at the airport and put on the next flight out for not fulfilling the entry requirements.  

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 12/15/2021 at 9:52 AM, Snowy79 said:

No simple answer but I'd fully expect after the New Year to be reading of the first Omicron case in the Philippines due to the return of OFW for the Xmas period then it's all systems change.

Close but it started before the new year and gradually increasing. 

• Like 4